LPN to RN Bridge at Academy for Nursing and Health Occupations (WPB, FL)Register Today!
This is a discussion on LPN to RN Bridge at Academy for Nursing and Health Occupations (WPB, FL) in LPN to RN Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... Is anyone a student here? I am doing their gen ed program which goes from May 15-Aug 23 2012 and...by CLUVLPN Apr 11, '12Is anyone a student here? I am doing their gen ed program which goes from May 15-Aug 23 2012 and then I start the actual 11 month bridge program in September. If you are a student here, please tell me about the cirriculum, the clinicals, and your overall impression of the program. Thanks a bunch!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=696432©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,702 Views
- Oct 22, '12 by NursinginProgressDid the gen Ed classes. Not bad. Started the core class already, very fast paced and you have to know your P's and Q's. Good luck!
- Feb 11 by armygirlabnI'm relocating to Florida and I am interested in applying to ANHO. Can you tell me about the program with regards to how is a typical week? What kind of assignments are required, preclinical and post clinical.
- Feb 11 by armygirlabnHow do you like the program so far???
- Mar 14 by CLUVLPNUpdate: Did not start last May as life got in the way and had to give up my seat. Things are better now and I am due to begin the one year bridge program starting May 20, 2013. Anyone one on this site joining me? PS. Already did the pre-reqs through PBSC and transferred them to ANHO.Last edit by CLUVLPN on Mar 14 : Reason: Grammatical Error
- Apr 21 by nyrvabWant to start this program september 2013. How was the admissions process?
- Apr 22 by CLUVLPN@Nyrvab-Let's see: You can transfer your pre-reqs from an accredited school (which is what I did) or you can take your pre-reqs directly through ANHO, which will extend your time in the program by four months and cost an additional $5k. They only require five classes prior to acceptance: Freshman English, College Algebra, Sociology or Speech, Microbiology, and Intro to Pysch. They also require you to take an entrance exam, which the school writes and administers. The cost of the exam and the school application fee are free. You also have to write an essay about how why you want to be a nurse and how you will contribute to the nursing profession. The take about 100 students at three start times a year. Cost of LPN-RN bridge with pre-reqs completed is a little over $15K. Oh yeah, and you must have experience working as an LPN to be accepted (ie; a recommendation letter from an employer). I think that's all the admission process entails. Any other questions, let me know! Good luck to you!
- May 14 by friend97I will be relocating to start Sep2013 too. Anyone started yet? How is it?
- May 15 by CLUVLPNQuote from friend97Orientation is tonight and tomorrow from 5p-11p. Official begin date is this coming Monday. I will let everyone know how things go! *Excited*I will be relocating to start Sep2013 too. Anyone started yet? How is it?
- May 15 by friend97Thanks for the info, means alot!!