Math For Meds Question HelpRegister Today!
- by El1992 Apr 16An individual weighing 92.7 kg is taking VFEND I.V. for injection for Invasive Aspergillosis. The loading dose is 6 mg/kg q12h for the first 24 hrs. Each manitence dose is 4 mg/kg q12h. What is the patients daily IV dosage?
- Depends if they want to know the dosage for the first day or second day.
- Apr 16 by El1992The question is "What would the daily IV dosage be for the individual weighing 92.7 kg"
- Apr 16 by loriangel14After the loading dose?
Why don't you tell us what you have come up with so far? You won't learn anything from us doing your homework for you.This fairly straightforward. How do you think you would do this question?
- Apr 16 by El1992I did 92.7 kg x 6 mg and got 556.2. Then I did 24 / 12= 2. Then did 556.2 / 2= 278.1 . Then did 92.7 kg x 4 mg=370.8. Then 370.8 / 2= 185.4. then added that to 278.1 and got 463.5 . The book gives an answer of 756 mg/day.
- Apr 16 by loriangel14Their answer makes no sense.
92.7 x 6 = 556.2. Two doses a day would be 1112.4mg daily.
92.7 x 4=370.8. Two doses a day would be 741.6 mg daily.
You don't divide the dose, you would multiply it.Each dose was given twice a day.
Maybe someone else will come up with an answer.
- Well, I am out I couldn't make my answer match the book. (but why did you divide rather than multiply by the two doses per 24 hours given)
- I also got 741.6...
- Apr 17 by Esme12As did I.....
The patients loading does is......
92.7(kg) x 6(mg/kg) = 556.2(mg/kg/dose) times 2 doses(q 12 hours).....
which is 556.2(mg/kg/dose) x 2(doses) = 1112.4
The daily dose is ........
92.7(kg) x 4(mg/kg) = 370.8(mg/kg/dose) time 2 doses(q 12 hours)......
which is 370.8(mg/kg/dose) x 2(doses) = 741.6