- by MrsCuoco Oct 13, '12Today was our second clinical day and I gave my very first injection ever- a flu shot! I was so nervous but I nailed it (so to speak...) and I felt like a real live nurse for the first time!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=791843©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,464 Views
- Oct 13, '12 by I♥ScrubsAwesome!
- Oct 13, '12 by Compassion_xYay!
- Oct 13, '12 by spoild2588Congrats! Now in my 6th week of clinicals and just started passing meds..learning injections next week. Still feel more like a CNA.
- Oct 13, '12 by JazziepantsWe haven't even touched meds but soon we are supposed to be giving flu shots at the hospitals. I am so happy that you feel like a real nurse! Can't wait until i feel more than a cna!
- Oct 13, '12 by man-nurse2booch that hurts!!! lol Congrats on your progress.
- Oct 14, '12 by Angiebellacongrats! I remember when a fellow nursing student and i landed the same job and after orientation we found ourselves suddenly in charge. she looked at me and said, "OMG it's just us! everybody else went home and now its just us. They think we are real nurses" I said, "Well I guess we are" and we laughed and laughed and laughed. Was a sudden wake up call for us.
- Oct 14, '12 by ashevilleboxerCongratulations on giving your first injection!!
- Oct 14, '12 by Kay28I remember my first IM injection I ever gave on a live human being. She was HIV positive, had Hep B and Hep C, was on TB precautions, and had almost no muscle mass left. My instructor told me, "Don't you dare stick yourself with that needle, I'm warning you". And I didn't.