pediatric-oncology nursingRegister Today!
- by katiescow Feb 17I'm currently an LPN student graduating in MAY! With plans to continue on and get my RN-BSN. I absolutely love working in pediatric oncology and would love more information about hospitals/ cancer centers that would hire an LPN while I'm continuing my education?
- 986 Views
- Feb 18 by JustBeachyNurseIn most states administering chemotherapy is out of the scope of practice for an LPN so you may have difficulty finding such a position as an LPN. I know most pediatric hospitals on the east coast are BSN preferred.
To get pediatric experience you can also consider pediatric LTC/rehab/sub-acute rehab to gain experience working with medically complex/fragile children. Granted these facilities are not abundant across the US but if there is one in your area it could be a good starting point. And many will hire LPN's.
- Feb 18 by katiescowThank you! I'm open to all options right now! Currently reside in VA but definitely considering out of state hospitals!
- Jul 17 by katiescowThank you for your advice
- Jul 18 by jadelpnYou could also check out working for an oncologist's office. Or a pediatric oncologist's office.