LPN/LVN Additional Certifications - Page 10Register Today!
- Jul 26, '08 by softstormsFYI...always check out your scope of practice in your state. You can get certified in many things you can not practice!
- Jul 27, '08 by lookingbeyondI didn't know this! Wow! Thank you!
- Aug 1, '08 by lookingbeyondQuote from pagandeva2000As soon as I settle down, I am doing the same...Actually, I did well in pharmacology due to my extreme curiosity with how meds work within the body...I'm a total nerd, I guess. LOL If I can just hang on...long enough...Thanks for the insight. I will inquire about it and consider taking it up. I have always had an obession with pharmacology since my actual class was a complete disaster. Since then, I have acquired so many textbooks for cheap on the subject that I went on overdrive. Now, thinking about it...I will, in fact do it before the year is out. Does this consist of attending a class? Or is this all on line as it appears? I will look more into the web sites when I get home from work this evening...and I really appreciate your list of items you shared.:spin:
I thought RN's had all of those priviledges for learning. I am glad to find this forum.
- Aug 6, '08 by duc8tieveryone has always posted good info, love this forum. I have been a pharmacy technician for 25 years and am now a LVN. would it be to my benefit to get a pharmacology certification? thanks
- Aug 8, '08 by OncologyRN23I was not aware that LPN/LVN's were able to get certifications in anything. Can an LPN become a oncology certified nurse? I had always thought you must have your RN first.
- Aug 10, '08 by Fiona59LPNs are employed at the Cancer Facilities in the province of Alberta. We handle carcinogenics.
I don't know about the US.
- Aug 18, '08 by Hubby's girlI sought out and took the Gerontology certification. I passed and now am IV and Gerontology certified. My employer did not acknowledge the Gerontology certification. We are all IV certified(the LPN's)-had to- to keep our jobs. Now that I got the GC-Gerontology cert...other LPN's are bustling to get it too. It isn't too hard-go for it!
- Aug 18, '08 by lvnhopefulCongratulations Hubby's Girl!
Where did you get your certification if I might ask?
You said your employer didn't acknowledge it, I wonder why? Seems like it would be a desirable certificate to get if you are in LTC.
- Aug 19, '08 by Hubby's girlI'm on a med/surg unit- and I found the cert on NFLPN's website. It's very do-able-things we already know. I was talking at work today about it not being acknowledged to my bosses' supervisor and to some co-workers. They have certs in something else, and so far have no "congrats" from mngmnt. I don't know why.
- Aug 19, '08 by lvnhopefulThanks for answering. Maybe acknowledgement is withheld because they fear workers will want wage increases, or maybe its just bad management.
Glad you didn't let that stop you. Knowledge is power..........