Does LPN need malpractice insurance?Register Today!
- by dana0509 Feb 15, '09Hi, I'm a newly grad. I'm just wandering if LPN need malpractice insurance? Does anyone know? If so, how much does it cost?
- Feb 15, '09 by dana0509Thanks for your response. I was just confused. I heard from a friend of mine, that one of the instructor told her LpN's doesnt need malpractrice insurance. I was'nt so sure if that was true.
For less than $100! That's great! That's not too hefty! I sure will provide me one to protect my license.
- Feb 15, '09 by dana0509BTW, I still have to take my NCLEX. So I'll probably worry about that when I got my license.
- Feb 17, '09 by jc3015I don't know if I'll need insurance. Hope not, but I've got it, anyway.
- Feb 17, '09 by luvmy2angelsYes! If you go through NSO it is around $80/year and their coverage is GREAT!!
- Feb 20, '09 by Fiona59Hell, yes.
In my province, it's included in my yearly permit fees. We all carry $2million.
- Feb 26, '09 by pmtlvnI got the NSO insurance as soon as I got my licence. If for no other reason: Piece of mind! I like my licence, my house and my car! I want to keep them all as long as possible! I have had my licence for going on 3 yrs now. I LOVE MY JOB! Congratulations and good luck in your career!
- Feb 26, '09 by StrikerRNI am not an LVN nor an RN yet here in the US, but I am using a company that can represent me in court, not just by means of license but on everyday life events, of course that is as long as I didn't do anything wrong.
A lot of people that are innocent but needs a lawyer and can't provide one do plea guilty because they can't afford one, you might say that there are free lawyers, but that's if you qualify, and since you are a LVN you don't qualify for a free lawyer because of your income.
If you need more info I can send it to you, you can contact me via email@example.com.