Hi everyone!Register Today!
- by BSN2004NSU Apr 20, '04Hi all!
I'm new to the site, and I just wanted to introduce myself. I attend Northwestern State University in Shreveport, LA. I graduate in December 2004 in my Bachelors of Science in Nursing, and I feel like I have ants in my pants because I am so ready to graduate. I hope to talk to everyone soon.
- 2,773 Views
- Apr 21, '04 by J LynnWelcome, you'll love it here. I find all my questions about nursing to be answered.
Good luck in school.
- Apr 21, '04 by luckyladyoreQuote from J LynnHow is everything going for you what was your toughest part of the program I start this AugWelcome, you'll love it here. I find all my questions about nursing to be answered.
Good luck in school.
- Apr 21, '04 by BSN2004NSUThe toughest part for me so far was the beginning of the program because you have to grasp the idea of critically thinking problems through and realizing on the test that all of the answers may be right, but finding the priority nursing intervention.
Good Luck in your program!
- May 6, '04 by zenmanI used to teach there at NSU. Tell everyone hello!
- May 26, '04 by paula_rnIm glad you like NSU, that school was the worst years of my life. It did NOT prepare me for real world nursing at all and I am not sure about there NCLEX pass rates now... but last year they werent so great. When I graduated and started working, I learned more in one week then I did the entire time at NSU. But hey, maybe things have changed... I sure hope so!! Do you know where you want to work when your done?? Good luck and congrats on the soon graduation!!:hatparty:
- Jun 27, '04 by Kooky63ALL I CAN SAY IS RUN AND RUN FAST. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL TO MY WORST ENEMY AND WOULD WARN THE PEOPLE IN THE AREA BEFORE THEY GET ANY MEDICAL CARE, FIND OUT WHERE THE NURSE GOT THEIR EDUCATION FROM BEFORE THEY EVEN TOUCH THEM. I WOULD BE VERY FRIGHTENED FOR ANY PATIENT TO RECEIVE CARE FROM ANY NURSE WHO HAS "GRADUATED" FROM NSU IN THE PAST 3 YEARS. AND NO, I AM NOT A BITTER STUDENT, I AM A NURSE WHO KNOWS!
- Jun 27, '04 by Gator,SNWelcome BSN2004 to the BB. Good luck at school, you are almost finished! What areas are you most interested in working when you are done?
- Jun 27, '04 by paula_rnwell, i can certainly understand where you are coming from, but to say that you would be frightened for any patient to receive care from a nsu nurse, that is kinda harsh. i am a nurse who graduated a year ago, and yes... the school is horrible (in my opinion), but i am a good nurse. so, please before making a generalized statement... think about it.:angryfireQuote from kooky63all i can say is run and run fast. i would not recommend this school to my worst enemy and would warn the people in the area before they get any medical care, find out where the nurse got their education from before they even touch them. i would be very frightened for any patient to receive care from any nurse who has "graduated" from nsu in the past 3 years. and no, i am not a bitter student, i am a nurse who knows!
- Jun 27, '04 by BSN2004NSUIn my opinion, the program is not bad at all...there are a lot of politics, but what nursing school doesn't. Kooky, I sure hate that you had a bad experience at NSU. Oh Gator, I plan on working in critical care when I get out.