to buy or not to buy: 1st semester Charity txts
- 0Nov 1, '10 by pochadadHey all,
I'll be starting at Charity in January and already have a ton of reading to knock out. I'm looking for tips from any current or recent Charity students on which books are necessary, worth buying, or a waste of money. I'll be taking basics and pharm. Good luck to all the students out there.
- 0Nov 2, '10 by brittemmons-Also, my husband found some great deals on my books from Amazon. They are used and rated "high quality", but I guess we will find out when they come in. I got all the books that I mentioned above for right under 100 bucks. Good thing he is good on the computer, or I would have just bought them from Barnes and Noble!!
Any ideas on where you are going to schedule your clinicals yet??
- 0Nov 3, '10 by brismamai dont think ive really made use of my fundamentals book...for 2nd semester you would need the med surg book which will be used again last semester...They provided me with enough information that i guess i didnt have to go to my fundamentals book...now for pharm, i bought the book and didnt even open it..she will have everything you need to know...also some others have said the study guide book for the fundamentals and med surg had helped them throughout also. good luck!
- 0Nov 6, '10 by redbeansThey are working on changing the curriculum. I'm in NAC 1 and my NAC 1 notes are different from the NAC 1 notes from the semester before. I think that they are starting to do things differently across the board soon. Our class is a "test" class. I heard that they were reworking the way they were teaching and organizing the what they were teaching.
- 0Dec 5, '10 by davidnikkitylerskyePochadad I kept all of my notes so if you want them...they're yours. That will save you tons on paper and ink. I was going to throw them away but realized that someone from next semester may need them. I live in Mandeville and could meet you at a business or something depending on where you live!!
- 0Dec 6, '10 by fairandbalancedQuote from davidnikkitylerskyeI will take them!Pochadad I kept all of my notes so if you want them...they're yours. That will save you tons on paper and ink. I was going to throw them away but realized that someone from next semester may need them. I live in Mandeville and could meet you at a business or something depending on where you live!!