LPN provisional hours/ GalenRegister Today!
This is a discussion on LPN provisional hours/ Galen in Kentucky Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... I currently attend Galen in St. Pete, I graduate in Nov. and will be moving to KY immediately...by Lpn1109 Sep 2, '09I currently attend Galen in St. Pete, I graduate in Nov. and will be moving to KY immediately after. Is the clinical hours that are included in school considered sufficient for the 120 provisional hours required by KY board of nursing?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=420707©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,635 Views
- Sep 10, '09 by afox3No they do not count for your provisional license. I am a Louisville Ky Galen Graduate.
- Sep 11, '09 by Lpn1109Thanks for the info.
- Sep 11, '09 by Lpn1109How difficult is it to find employment for the provisional hours in KY? It seems like every ad I see wants experience of a year or more. Any suggestions on where I might look?
- Sep 22, '09 by gabriella86If I plan on going straight into the RN program at Galen after I finish the LPN program, I don't have to sit for boards/do provisional hrs right? I am not planning on working while in the RN program.
- Oct 20, '09 by Carrie_DI believe that an LPN license is required for the RN program, but I'm not 100% sure. If so, you would need the 120 hours in order to receive the LPN license.
- Oct 21, '09 by wishinguponastarLPNThe Galen Handbooks states that if you are a Galen Student in the LPN program and apply for the RN program 3 months in advance you do not have to have your LPN license in order to be in the program. If you do not meet the deadline, or are a transfer student from another school then you much have your LPN License.