How long before you know @ Galen?Register Today!
- by MissGwen Sep 4, '08Hi,
I am waiting to find out if I got in at Galen. After your file was complete, how long was it before you knew? I am about to die!
Thanks very much!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=331067©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,417 Views
- The letters were sent out the first 2 weeks of August for the October start. If you haven't heard from them I would call as you would of had to make an appt for financial aid (which the deadline was the end of last month) and medical paperwork is due on the 22nd of this month.
- Oh, and if you applied for January you will find out in November most likely.
- Sep 5, '08 by MissGwenI was there last week. Got notification my file is complete this past Tuesday. Was told there are 10 spots left for October. The way I understand it they admit until the class is full. I talked to them yesterday and they said it will take about 2-3 weeks. You have to make an appointment with financial aid within 20 days after getting accepted.
Hope I get in!
- Oh, sorry. I wasn't aware that you had just finished your file. I hope to see you in class!
- Sep 11, '08 by MissGwenI hope to see me in class, too.
Let me ask you this. I know you have to have proof of Hep B vaccination,TB test, and a physical, but what else do you have to have in way of immunizations?
I have had the Hep B series already and am getting the TB on Monday.
- Sep 11, '08 by gabriella86u need 2 TB a week apart varicella mumps measels rubella. the hep isn't required but recommended.
- Sep 11, '08 by MissGwenDo you know why you need 2 TB's a week apart? I have never heard of that. Usually, you go and get the injection and have it read 48 hours later. Maybe I am wrong, but that is the way I have always had TB's done in the past. Maybe things have changed.
- Sep 11, '08 by gabriella86It is unusual. I should reword that though. You need 2 TB atleast 1 week apart but within 3 weeks. Why they want 2 I don't know.
- Sep 12, '08 by BBFRNKY requires 2-step testing for all health care workers, in order to establish a true baseline for serial testing.