Galen CollegeRegister Today!
- by krltdy Apr 20, '09Just thought I would start a new thread about Galen. Anything and everything Galen can be posted here! Please feel free to share, or ask questions!
I am still waiting on my acceptance letter, and am going crazy! Hopefully, I will be starting July 27th.
- Apr 20, '09 by christylouGood luck getting into Galen. I currently attend their LPN-DAY program. There's a couple of us on here from Galen, I believe BBFN is also a previous clinical instructor for them. I love it and am glad I made the leap into nursing school and will be graduating July 18 (I think) If you have any questions, I'll try to be of help!
- Apr 21, '09 by 1stLady2Great post Preemiemama!! You know I'm just as excited as you are!
Christylou: Congrats on getting ready to graduate. You will do it!!! Can you just give us a brief summary of what to expect? How is the schedule for days? Everyday? Hours? Do they have a bookstore or do you get your books on your own? There's so much I want to know, but if you could answer those questions and a brief summary from your perspective, I would greatly appreciate it. Just trying to stay sane
- Apr 21, '09 by christylouYou're worried about sanity now? Just wait! If you attend Galen during the Day be prepared to have class or clinical 5 days a week. Most days you will stay the full time for class. Classes normally start at 8. Clinical start at 7, but I've had some start as early as 6. Galen does their books through a company called edmap. You'll get all your information through Galen on that. Be prepared to study! I don't think there's a lot of homework per se, but you need to study. Just because things aren't on a test doesn't mean you won't be tested on it on the NCLEX. I've been really lucky and have had a lot of great experiences here. Best thing I can tell you guys, and anyone starting any nursing program, you get what you put it in. Don't stand around at clinical sites talking to classmates, DO talk to your instructor or your charge nurses. You'll learn a lot more that way! Good Luck!
- Apr 21, '09 by 1stLady2Thank you so much for clearing those things up for me. I am ready and prepared to give it my all. Are you going on for the RN program? Is this the quarter you would go ahead and register for it? When would you know if you have the required GPA to apply?
- Apr 21, '09 by krltdy1stlady2:
I will be getting my books through half.com. They really are about half the price you'd pay at Galen.
Christylou: Thanks so much for the info!
- Apr 27, '09 by lasdrs07Hey all! I just got my CPAt test results in the mail today and passed...yay!! So, how long does it take to receive an acceptance letter from Galen?? I am hoping to start July 27th.
- Apr 27, '09 by 1stLady2Congrats on passing the test ! The acceptance letters are supposed to be mailed out the first two weeks of May for the July class. So, it may not be that long of a wait for you. I've been waiting since March!!! And Preemiemama has been waiting since the beginning of April. So you can imagine how we are feeling right about now. Good luck to you and keep us posted.
- Apr 27, '09 by AsAnatomyJust curious... what grants, loans, and ect are you using to fund Galen? I'm going to apply for the January 2010 quarter (because my baby is due in August). Im curious about the cost (I believe it's 15k for LPN and then $255/hr for RN, correct me if I'm wrong) and what financial measures students are having to take?! Also, Financial Aid will not meet with you until after you are accepted, right?
- Apr 28, '09 by krltdyYou are correct that Financial Aid will not meet until after acceptance. It's going to be really tight for my family, but we will make it one way, or another. I guess we will find everything out when we meet with financial aid. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!