nursing board wants experience !
- 0Jul 2, '12 by RussianrnDear Friends,
I worked as nurse in a foreign country, now i am in US wanted to get licence in US so applied for the licence in one of the clauses i see that i need hospital experience for minimum 6 months, i have about 4 years of experience but not in US is that ok if i present it ? or should i work in US? i US experience is needed then am i allowed to practice nursing with out licence / its like a chicken or egg for me
Please can some one answer me / guide me. thank you.
- 0Jul 3, '12 by Asystole RN, BSN, RNYou need to apply for a license under RN Licensure by Endorsement (for Foreign Nurses)
REQUIREMENTS APPLICANTS EDUCATED IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY (Including Canada and *Puerto Rico)
Note: Endorsement means nurses who are licensed in another U.S. state or Territory and whish to apply for licensure in Arizona.
FOREIGN EDUCATED PROFESSIONAL OR PRACTICAL NURSES MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING
REQUIREMENTS (1 through 4):
1. Validation of Educational Requirements
2. Validation of English Language Skills
3. Validation of Practice
4. Passed NCLEX-RNŽ or NCLEX-PNŽ OR State Board Test Pool Examination (SPTPE)
- 1Jul 4, '12 by BennyRNCAQuote from RussianrnCA is one state that requires a SS# to apply, if you have one, then you're part ways there. Then your college transcripts needs to pass the CA BON minimum requirements.Dear 2ndtakerimmigrant, thank you so much for your information and words they mean a lot to me. i will try California sure.
Have you looked at the CA BON website under the license by examination, then look at the sub-title for international applicants for additional information. Good luck!