help i had a strep A blood infection after having my daughterRegister Today!
- by Meggs16 Aug 28, '09After having my daughter i got blood poisoning they told me it was the same as scarlet fever strep A in my blood how does this happen? Now I keep getting headaches burning on the left side of my head and i keep getting strep throat and my daughter who is 8 months old got perianal strep what is going on where is this comming from should i be worried please help
- Aug 28, '09 by Sarah HayI would see a doctor.
- Aug 28, '09 by caroladybelleYou need to discuss this with your physician.
We are not permitted to give medical advice on this website. But even if it were permitted, we would be unable to really give appropriate advice given that we have no knowledge of your case/situation/lab results or those of your child. And most of us are aware that we are only given one side or a few pieces of data and it would irresponsible to base anything reasonable on that. Thus the reason for that rule.
Please, please discuss this with your MD, or a second one as they will have access to all the appropriate data and may give you a clearer understanding of your issues.
- Aug 29, '09 by BBFRNAs others have previously stated, we cannot offer medical advice here. Please do speak with your primary health care provider regarding this.
We wish you well, and do hope that you find the answers that you seek. Unfortunately, we can't provide those answers here, and as such, I must close this thread.
- Aug 29, '09 by NRSKarenRNgroup b strep is carried by about 25 % women as normal vaginal bacteria; group a is mainly a skin infection. please consult your ob or pcp for best advice to prevent re-infection... some info to guide your discussions/
i believe blood titers can be done to see if infection persists.
group a streptococcus facts
[color=#2200cc]disease listing, group a streptococcal, general info | cdc ...
group b strep infection - march of dimes
group b strep infection in pregnancy -- familydoctor.org