Pay per visit rates....what is the usual
- 1Jan 14, '10 by IndianaHHThe big yahoos come from corporate today....changed all the nurses from hourly to pay per visit. Nothing is weight...SOC, routine all the same. 6 visits a day to meet quota....at $33 a visit... Should I find the ky?
- 15,065 Visits
- 3Jan 14, '10 by KateRN1Short answer: you're getting shafted.
Not all visits take the same amount of effort, anything involving OASIS should count as more than 1 visit point. In my ideal world, here's how it would fall out:
Reg visit 1 point
SOC 3 points
ROC 2.5 points
Recert 1.5 points
Discharge 1.5 points
IV or wound vac 1.5 points
But who am I? A SOC can take hours to complete, as does a ROC. Recerts and discharges are a slightly abbreviated form of OASIS so don't take as long and hopefully you know the patient and can answer questions quickly. No way would I continue Pay Per Visit without a point system.
- 0Jan 14, '10 by IndianaHHYeah.. I inquired about the point system....."we're working on it"....my immediate thought was Bull.....
its a job... and I've one foot out the door....so Im getting serious about following what I really want to do..
Finish my Healing Touch cert training.. and put up my own shingle.
- 0Jan 29, '10 by dmdrn73I live in Western NY (Rochester/Finger Lakes area) and I am Salary but Per Diem's get $30-$40 for a regular visit and then it is more for an admission and then if it is on call or a weekend or weekday. It can be about $70-$90. A recert or D/C OASIS visit is the same as a regular visit and there didn't used to be any extra for an ROC but there is now, (I don't know what that is, it just recently changed). We work or do "On Call" about every 3rd weekend and then 1-2 regular nights/month and we do get the Per Diem rate for those visits.
- 0Jan 30, '10 by Willow MoonsidheThanks! I am looking at $25.00 quick visit, $40.00 intermediate visit and $50.00 for Cert, Re Cert etc. 0.42 per mile. Not great I know but is a job and I really need one. Coming back after a compartment injury to my leg and being out since 1996. So I am like entry level pay I guess even though I had 10 years as a RN. Different field for me but I have been studying hard to come back so I feel I will be ok. Thanks for all the post everyone.