HESI A2 Anatomy and Physiology section
- 0Feb 22, '10 by vhinrichDid you have to take the HESI A2 anatomy and physiology section for admission into your school?
I just took my HESI and did really bad on anatomy and physiology section (I'm actually taking ANAT/PHYS 1 and ANAT/PHYS 2 both at the same time this semester). I scored the lowest on this section.
Could the admission committee look at my score and think that maybe I didn't score well on ANT/PHY section because I haven't completed the courses yet?
The rest of the sections, I got over 80s.
- 1Feb 22, '10 by vhinrichQuote from dcaradonAs for anat and phys section?As long a you get to retake the test before sending in your application I doubt it will matter. Like you said you are taking the courses now. I took a&p 1 a long time ago and im in a&p 2 now.
Here's what I remember:
-Know the heart valves (mitral/biscuspid and tricuspid)
-know the nephron structure (where water gets reabsorbed and where minerals get reabsorbed)
- Know the effects of ADH on the kidneys/nephrons
-Know the major nerves
-Know the various fluids/glands (synovial, sebacious, sudoferous) and where they're found
-Know your bones, tissues, muscles, and joints
-Know which glands releases which hormones (one of the question asked what hormone does anterior pit secrete)
- Know the function of hormones (one question asked which gland regulates calcium levels if they go down)
-Know the enzymes and fluids released in digestive tract
-Know blood cells (RBCs and WBCs), their functions, and their shape
In my classes, we've only covered endocrine, blood, heart, cell structures, tissues, intemengutary system.
Only knowing the above topics, I scored 72 on it so I think that once I complete the courses, I can do way better on it.Last edit by tnbutterfly on Nov 4, '11
- 0Feb 23, '10 by KaseyPHey Everyone!!!
I take the Hesi tomorrow and I'm so scared!! I've taken it once before, but I scored an 88.22% and I think I can do better! The A&P is what killed me! I scored a 76% on it last time and I have been studying like crazy and I still feel overwhelmed about the anatomy portion! Everything else was in the 90% and it brought me down considerably, so I've not really focused on the other sections! I have a bad habit of trying to learn everything about a particular element within a subject of anatomy and now, I'm afraid my brain is going into Overload for sure!! Can anyone give me any examples as to waht to expect? It's been over a year since I took it last time! I'm taking it 2 days before the submission packet for the nursing packet is due- Talk about Pressure!!! Any advice is greatly appreciated!
- 0Nov 10, '11 by AngsturdyI took the HESI back in Sept. I did well on the test, except for the A&P section. I only made a 72 on it while I made 85 and higher on the rest of the test. Everyone I know that has taken it has scored low on that section. I think it's because the study guide does NOT prepare you and there is so much info that can be tested on. I even busted out my physiology and anatomy books as well as getting a few extra study guides to go over. I bet since you have taken it already, you know how the questions are worded, and sort of know what to expect, you may score higher with a little more study time. I can't remember anything that was on it now. Good luck to you! Hope you guys do well!!