HESI A2 Anatomy and Physiology sectionRegister Today!
This is a discussion on HESI A2 Anatomy and Physiology section in HESI Exit Exam Help, part of Nursing Student ... Did you have to take the HESI A2 anatomy and physiology section for admission into your school? ...by vhinrich Feb 22, '10Did you have to take the HESI A2 anatomy and physiology section for admission into your school?
I just took my HESI and did really bad on anatomy and physiology section (I'm actually taking ANAT/PHYS 1 and ANAT/PHYS 2 both at the same time this semester). I scored the lowest on this section.
Could the admission committee look at my score and think that maybe I didn't score well on ANT/PHY section because I haven't completed the courses yet?
The rest of the sections, I got over 80s.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=458059©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 11,402 Views
- Feb 22, '10 by kenpochicAs long a you get to retake the test before sending in your application I doubt it will matter. Like you said you are taking the courses now. I took a&p 1 a long time ago and im in a&p 2 now.Last edit by tnbutterfly on Nov 4, '11 : Reason: TOS
- Feb 22, '10 by vhinrichQuote from dcaradonAs for anat and phys section?As long a you get to retake the test before sending in your application I doubt it will matter. Like you said you are taking the courses now. I took a&p 1 a long time ago and im in a&p 2 now.
Here's what I remember:
-Know the heart valves (mitral/biscuspid and tricuspid)
-know the nephron structure (where water gets reabsorbed and where minerals get reabsorbed)
- Know the effects of ADH on the kidneys/nephrons
-Know the major nerves
-Know the various fluids/glands (synovial, sebacious, sudoferous) and where they're found
-Know your bones, tissues, muscles, and joints
-Know which glands releases which hormones (one of the question asked what hormone does anterior pit secrete)
- Know the function of hormones (one question asked which gland regulates calcium levels if they go down)
-Know the enzymes and fluids released in digestive tract
-Know blood cells (RBCs and WBCs), their functions, and their shape
In my classes, we've only covered endocrine, blood, heart, cell structures, tissues, intemengutary system.
Only knowing the above topics, I scored 72 on it so I think that once I complete the courses, I can do way better on it.Last edit by tnbutterfly on Nov 4, '11
- Feb 23, '10 by KaseyPHey Everyone!!!
I take the Hesi tomorrow and I'm so scared!! I've taken it once before, but I scored an 88.22% and I think I can do better! The A&P is what killed me! I scored a 76% on it last time and I have been studying like crazy and I still feel overwhelmed about the anatomy portion! Everything else was in the 90% and it brought me down considerably, so I've not really focused on the other sections! I have a bad habit of trying to learn everything about a particular element within a subject of anatomy and now, I'm afraid my brain is going into Overload for sure!! Can anyone give me any examples as to waht to expect? It's been over a year since I took it last time! I'm taking it 2 days before the submission packet for the nursing packet is due- Talk about Pressure!!! Any advice is greatly appreciated!
- Nov 3, '11 by szgg07Hey guys!
I know what you mean about the a&p section, I got a 64, the second time, and an 80% the second time. I think version two is harder and has more physiology.
Let me know if you need anymore help!Last edit by tnbutterfly on Nov 9, '11 : Reason: Solicitation
- Nov 10, '11 by nany100Hi szgg07~
I'm taking mine in few weeks and it's my second attempt taking the exam.
I failed the first time and i scored very low on anatomy & physiology section. I'm stressed out and scared. I need your help! can u help me????
- Nov 10, '11 by KaseyPNany, I pm'd you..look in your mailbox!
- Nov 10, '11 by AngsturdyI took the HESI back in Sept. I did well on the test, except for the A&P section. I only made a 72 on it while I made 85 and higher on the rest of the test. Everyone I know that has taken it has scored low on that section. I think it's because the study guide does NOT prepare you and there is so much info that can be tested on. I even busted out my physiology and anatomy books as well as getting a few extra study guides to go over. I bet since you have taken it already, you know how the questions are worded, and sort of know what to expect, you may score higher with a little more study time. I can't remember anything that was on it now. Good luck to you! Hope you guys do well!!
- Nov 14, '11 by nany100kasey p, did you get my email ??
- Nov 18, '11 by SarahLindseyyeah i have to retake mine i got a 95 in reading 95 in grammar and a 96 in math.. i only got a 80 in anatomy so i have to retake that section :/