- 0Feb 2 by RNinINI don't know what's going on with me, but anymore, I'm just so down in the dumps. I lost a decent job d/t office politics, and now work an OK job, just dislike the hours. I cannot do 12 hr nocs like I used to! Days at this point isn't an option, no availability, and nothing coming anytime soon. Any hints on how to get past this'd before I go bonkers and do something totally ignorant? Like pack up and move 2 hours away with my mom where the jobs are likely no better, plus I lose my bf? Really, I feel like I am going nuts, want to get out of this rut. I already go to gym when I'm not totally physically and mentally wiped out. Not helping much.....
- 771 Views
- 5Feb 2 by VivaLasViejas GuideSounds like more than just a case of the 'blahs' to me. Please consider filing for unemployment and using the downtime to get some counseling and figure out what your next move is. I'm sorry I can't be of more help but it does seem like you need more than anonymous strangers on a nursing forum can offer. Take care.
- 1I already tried unemployment, but my (cough) wonderful former employer will do anything not to pay unemployment, and the state allows it to happen, even though I had documentation to oppose what I was terminated for. I think it's mainly sleep deprivation and the crummy Midwest weather, both at the same time, plus a poor-pitiful me attitude! I just need to trust in God and let it get better
- 0If I ever get used to it, I will probably be ok. My s/o is having some asdj issues as well, as he works days. But he is doing so much better than I am with this most days. If they wouldn't schedule 4-5 nights every week, I might get some needed rest, but they work us like this all the time, then expect everyone to jump through hoops to stay over for 4-6 more hrs when someone calls in on days, which happens a lot! If it were 3 days a week, I could probably get used to it. Like you, anonymity to upper management is nice. But they all seem to seek me out, as I have more education, and in most cases, experience. It is a strange situation. I will hang in there, I just needed to vent and let it all out to friendly strangers!
- 1Feb 3 by Ruby VeeSounds like you might be suffering from depression. Contact your PCP and see if she can help. And keep taking care of yourself by going to the gym, eating healthy meals, getting plenty of sleep and spending time with your SO when you can. Good luck! This too shall pass.
- 0Feb 5 by DedHedRNI was feeling this way a while back, you can read the responses I got here.. http://allnurses.com/general-nursing...ng-845733.html
Anyways, the way I ended up dealing with it was I started taking mini vacations to see friends who live out of the area. I try to get away a few times a month. It makes going to work so much easier for me.
Also, I started studying for a certification in my line of work.
Anyway, hope you feel better soon, hang in there!