- 0Feb 2 by RNinINI don't know what's going on with me, but anymore, I'm just so down in the dumps. I lost a decent job d/t office politics, and now work an OK job, just dislike the hours. I cannot do 12 hr nocs like I used to! Days at this point isn't an option, no availability, and nothing coming anytime soon. Any hints on how to get past this'd before I go bonkers and do something totally ignorant? Like pack up and move 2 hours away with my mom where the jobs are likely no better, plus I lose my bf? Really, I feel like I am going nuts, want to get out of this rut. I already go to gym when I'm not totally physically and mentally wiped out. Not helping much.....
- 564 Views
- 5Feb 2 by VivaLasViejas GuideSounds like more than just a case of the 'blahs' to me. Please consider filing for unemployment and using the downtime to get some counseling and figure out what your next move is. I'm sorry I can't be of more help but it does seem like you need more than anonymous strangers on a nursing forum can offer. Take care.
- 1I already tried unemployment, but my (cough) wonderful former employer will do anything not to pay unemployment, and the state allows it to happen, even though I had documentation to oppose what I was terminated for. I think it's mainly sleep deprivation and the crummy Midwest weather, both at the same time, plus a poor-pitiful me attitude! I just need to trust in God and let it get better
- 0If I ever get used to it, I will probably be ok. My s/o is having some asdj issues as well, as he works days. But he is doing so much better than I am with this most days. If they wouldn't schedule 4-5 nights every week, I might get some needed rest, but they work us like this all the time, then expect everyone to jump through hoops to stay over for 4-6 more hrs when someone calls in on days, which happens a lot! If it were 3 days a week, I could probably get used to it. Like you, anonymity to upper management is nice. But they all seem to seek me out, as I have more education, and in most cases, experience. It is a strange situation. I will hang in there, I just needed to vent and let it all out to friendly strangers!
- 0Feb 5 by DedHedRNI was feeling this way a while back, you can read the responses I got here.. http://allnurses.com/general-nursing...ng-845733.html
Anyways, the way I ended up dealing with it was I started taking mini vacations to see friends who live out of the area. I try to get away a few times a month. It makes going to work so much easier for me.
Also, I started studying for a certification in my line of work.
Anyway, hope you feel better soon, hang in there!