Navy Nurse First Duty/ODS/Relocation 2013 - Page 7Register Today!
- Apr 9 by traumaRUsplease dont post your sponsors name or the names of other contact people. You will all learn about OPSEC - operational security once you are in. However, we do NOT allow the posting of individuals names. Thanks.
- Apr 10 by LunahRNAlso, another reminder: Facebook links are prohibited per the website Terms of Service (TOS). I have removed some Facebook links in this thread. Thanks!
- Apr 18 by PineappleCrushJust dropping in to provide a little goodie: I saw you guys posting about FB pages and whatnot. The Officer Development School in Newport, RI has a FB page that is AWESOME with all kinds of pictures and updates from current students going through the process. I nearly lived on that page when my husband went through ODS for nursing. Search "Officer Training Command Newport" and you'll find it Tell your family members to join, too! It's a great way for them to see what you're doing when you're gone.Last edit by PineappleCrush on Apr 18 : Reason: Bad wording
- Sep 16 by GuelnRnTo those still following this thread... When you guys commissioned how much experience did you have? My kit is complete and board ready for October 1, but I am just wondering what the chances are for new grads to commission via direct accession... Any input would be appreciated
- Sep 21 by sammykstI was a direct commission in 2008 with no civilian nursing experience.
- Sep 27 by TraumaRNHopefulQuote from BSN-NavyNurseBSN-NavyNurse....I saw from a few posts ago you are from Chicago and went to Chamberlain. I am guessing we have/had the same recruiter then, as she is the only for the Chicagoland area (and is awesome). I'm starting at Resurrection in January and my kit is currently being looked over with a find toothed comb before it goes to the boards (which, for NCP this year is not convening until Nov, as there are not enough to convene a board for Oct). I'm not sure if you have already stated this but would you mind telling me what your GPA was, how you interviews went, etc, and then (thinking positively) how long after you found out you were selected that you signed and how that was orchestrated? Thanks so much...the waiting is killing me and lurking through these old posts is what is getting me through (womp womp)Hello called-to-serve,
That would be a great idea! I'm already on linked-in and would enjoy a group dedicated to the May ODS class :-) . There is also a Facebook group dedicated to Navy officer development school (that is what you look up when you're on FB and it should pop up). I'll have to mess with linked-in and see how to create a group, not sure how to do that yet :-) .