Army Nurse Corps FY2013 - Page 82Register Today!
- Feb 15 by LunahRNQuote from lizzardmommyYep, Ft. Gordon ICU nurses wear scrubs. Lucky girl!! They will outline the policy for you when you in process, but most of the nurses I've seen who wear scrubs just wear running shoes or Danskos, that kind of thing. For military nurses, most units/hospitals require that you show up in your uniform (either PT or ACU) and change into scrubs once you're at work. Most of our military docs just show up in their scrubs, though. Sometimes it's weird to see them in uniform! Anyway, I'm going to PM you about other stuff.Yes! Ft Gordon. If so what footwear do nurses wear with scrubs?
- Feb 16 by jeckrnQuote from nursespouseThe reserves are a different animal, yes you can drill and get paid before you go to BOLC in the reserves. I know from my own experience since I drilled for 11 months before I went to OBC in 2004. The DA71 is the Oath of Office and does not have to be done at Ft. Sam. My DA71 for active duty was done on a boat on Chautauqua Lake in NY. Once you sign your contract you are in the Army in a non paid reserve status and do your initial Oath of Office. The Oath of Office you do at Ft. Sam is for your active duty. By regs the DA71 has to be withing 72 hours (before or after) of you reporting to active duty.This is what I thought, just did not want to push the issue. I am aware that some reservists report to their reserve unit before BOLC, but until your enrolled in finance/mypay which can only happen after commissioning, which is done with your DA71 at Ft. Sam. I am sure they would not cut a check or deposit some money to someone that is not yet in the Army(officially)
- Feb 16 by brandonscott116Quote from Chasenu68Is this your report date or the date BOLC starts? Are you permanent party at Fort Sam Houston or just attending BOLC?Brandonscott, I am prior service also, my report date on my orders is 14MAR13 to fort Sam. Hope this helps.
LTC W told me that BOLC was scheduled to start on 14 MAR but that more than likely my orders would say I could report as early as 10 MAR when I actually get them.
- Feb 16 by Chasenu68Quote from brandonscott116My report date is 14 MAR. I am not staying on Ft Sam after BOLC, I move on to Ft Sill. I don't know when BOLC actually starts, hopefully not on my report date.Is this your report date or the date BOLC starts? Are you permanent party at Fort Sam Houston or just attending BOLC?LTC W told me that BOLC was scheduled to start on 14 MAR but that more than likely my orders would say I could report as early as 10 MAR when I actually get them.
- Feb 16 by LunahRN
- Feb 17 by brandonscott116Quote from LunahRNThank you for the clarification. Can you clarify whether permanent party gets extra days to help find housing? I was told on here I could get 10 days TLE to help find a place to live but LTC W told me that you only get that if you are PCS'ing and not going from civy to active. I'm just curious bc I still have to give work my 2 weeks notice but I don't even know exactly yet when I'll be leaving and I want to work til the last possible day bc I don't know how long it will take my Army pay to start and I have a lot of money to spend. I just know that I either have 2 weeks or 3 weeks of work left from this week.
- Feb 17 by brandonscott116vtrobinson- Have you received your orders yet or know when our report date might be since we are permanent party?
- Feb 17 by LunahRNNo clue about permanent party, sorry. I know I got 10 days of permissive TDY once I reported to my first duty station, though. It seems like the same thing would apply, but that's my logic, not necessarily Army logic. LOL
- Feb 17 by lizzardmommyMy orders state the end date of BOLC as the 21st, but I see on th ATTrS is says the 14th? Wondering when to book my return ticket date.
- Feb 17 by LunahRNYour orders are correct -- that first link is BOLC phase one, which will be followed by Nurse Track: https://www.atrrs.army.mil/atrrscc/c...LEADER&phase=2. Nurse Track is two weeks long.