Air Force Nursing 2013 - page 20
Hi everyone, I just recently started the process to apply to be an Air Force nurse. I'm trying to complete my packet for the January 2013 (Feb 19-Board, Mar 08-Decision). Anyone else currently starting or in... Read More
- 1Feb 26, '13 by JillyRNYeah, I heard the same as Carlily, March 8th. I'm trying for Med/Surg. Has anyone heard anything? I've gone through previous board's threads and it seems like results are usually a few days late. I haven't heard from my recruiter since Jan 3rd when we submitted my packet. Hopefully no news is good news.
- 0Feb 27, '13 by kdazzlehey everyone,
I havent heard anything new from my recruiter so i assume the results are still around the 8th. I am applying for a med surg slot as well. when I had applied to the february boards last year, i didnt get a call until about a week after the results were supposodly released. then again each recruiter could just be quicker on getting the answers out to their people quicker than others as well, so who knows. I am just glad that my packet didnt get sent back this time unreviewed to be sent for the next board like that just happened this past november board selection for me. LOL. since i didnt hear anything back from my recruiter this time, I am assuming my packet will actually be reviewed this time finally-LOL. good luck to everyone waiting
- 0Feb 27, '13 by MamakellydHi all- so I confirmed my interview with the chief nurse for this Saturday morning. It is for a clinical nurse slot in an ANG unit. Any suggestions or ideas on what I might get asked? I've been told I might be asked if I understand the mission of the Air Force and the mission of the unit. I've found the AF mission online, but I can't find the unit mission on their website. I know basically what the unit does, but no written mission. I've also been told I'll likely be asked why I want to join, and I'm having a hard time putting that into words too.
- 1Feb 28, '13 by kdazzlehey mamakellyd,
here are some things i was asked.
1. why do you want to join
2. do you know what the air force mission is and what it means to you
3. what are your future goals
4. how do you feel about deployment
5. describe a patient experience that involved critical thinking
6. describe a patient experience that involved an ethical dilemma
7. what are you exercise routines and what do you do to stay active/fit
8. think about what you have to offer and why you would be a good fit for the AF.
if I think of anymore i will let you know. good luck on your interview this saturday.
- 0Mar 1, '13 by carlily0513I spoke with my recruiter yesterday...got some info and we should most likely hear right around if not on March 8th...I think they have made thier decisions...Pretty much just sitting here freaking out haha :-) Hope you guys are staying busy, this next week is going to stink!! AGGGGHHHHH hehe
- 0Mar 1, '13 by kdazzlehey everyone,
i have thought about contacting my recruiter but havent yet. LOL. I am hoping too that we hear something next friday and not have to wait any longer than that. like others, i have been throught this wait before. for some reason, i am not as nervous waiting this time but i know i will be once i see that phone ring with my recruiters name on it!!!! LOL. I agree, just try to stay busy this next week.