Best shoesRegister Today!
- by pretty70 May 28, '12Hi everybody:
I recently bought a new pair of sketchers shape-ups. I love those shoes they are very comfortable and good looking. I stand on my feet all shift. I used said shoes one day but at the end of my shift I got a horrible sharp pain in my lower back I almost cry and it lasted for about 3 weeks. Has anyone experience this problem with this kind of shoes? Currently I am looking for the best shoes to work that do not bother my lower back. Thanks in advance.
- May 28, '12 by laderalisI wear alegria's. They look ridiculous, but I can feel a huge difference in my back when I wear them.
- May 30, '12 by orthonurse55I always wear Quarks - they are so light it's like not wearing anything at all. I have chronic back and neck problems, as well as horrible old nurses feet - and these are always comfortable!
- May 30, '12 by SP1CEGRLI had a really hard time finding shoes when I first got into nursing! I bought three different pairs at the uniform store, and I got rid of them all because they would all hurt my feet after a day of work. I ended up buying a pair of Nike Air Max's at Foot Locker. They were just plain and white and they have been a true blessing! I bought two of the same pairs because I've had such luck with them. I hope you find a great pair of shoes! Nursing sure does a number on your feet.
- May 30, '12 by mmc51264i have never heard of Quarks, I'll have to check them out. I have worn Danskos as a teacher-good 6-8 hour shoes at best. I spent the money on the Alegrias and I guess my arches are too high. VERY painful. I have to see if I can sell them, I only wore them 6 times. Right now, my favorites are the Shechers D'Lites. I have had a pair for over 2 years and I managed through 12 hour clinical days. I need new pair. They are only about 50 dollars.
- May 31, '12 by IowaKarenEasy Spirit in the Traveltime family works for me. They slip on very easily and can be machine washed if you take out the liner. Very light weight and I have no problem keeping them on my feet. When I exercise though, I wear a pair of easy spirit sneakers with laces that work well for my wide clodhoppers, LOL.
- May 31, '12 by buytheshoes11I really like Danskos. They look silly, but mine have conformed to my feet and given my arches the support they need.
- Jun 1, '12 by Pat2012I like brooks walking shoes, but I might look around for different ones, just to try something new.