Where do YOU sit in class?Register Today!
- by Caribbean Character Sep 18Our nursing classes are held in a multi-media lecture hall. The hall is video-linked to a branch classroom 45 miles away. We have 7 rows of 5 seats on the left and 6 rows of 5 seats on the right with a center aisle. The front row on the left is used by the instructors (we have 7 total) I sit in the aisle seat in the first (student) row on the left. What amazes me is that no one else sits in this row. Only three students sit in the front row on the right. It just amazes me that my fellow students would work so hard to get into our program (on average, 4-5 applicants for every freshman seat) and then sit in the back of the classroom during lecture! Where do you sit in your classroom/lecture hall and why?
- 3,267 Views
- Sep 18 by Okie36I normally sit in the front row next to the aisle but noticed that my anxiety would rise during testing as people would finish and get up to leave the room...I now sit in the corner back row....I still sit in a area where I can still hear everything that's going on but during testing, I am not distracted by movement and I'm kinda off in my own little corner...
- Sep 18 by Jill2ShayI sit in the back, but out instructor has a little microphone and can be heard, loud and clear from everywhere in the big room.
- Sep 18 by aaakers27I sit in the first or second row, sometimes we have our tables turned into a quad though. There are only about 30 students per class though
- Sep 18 by chrisrn24Why does it matter where you sit? Are students who sit up front smarter than those who sit in the back? Are students who sit up front more caring than other students? Don't be so quick to judge.
I was a back sitter. I just preferred it. I don't like having to stare up at professors and I'm a chronic doodler/writer so it's better in the back. And I liked to sit in the back so I could make my sarcastic comments that are essential to my personality.
That being said I graduated summa cum laude so clearly being a back-sitter wasn't detrimental. Don't be such a judgy Jane!
- Sep 18 by cmurra6745The back the fronts filled with busy bodies and people tapping away on their keyboards
- Sep 18 by Larry NSUAI try to sit in the back but close enough to hear...but for exams there are assigned seats. Each seat is a theater style seating arrangement with those little arm desks. Being 6'3", I cannot take tests on those desks, so I asked for permission if I could sit in the back where there was one table. Professor said she didn't have a problem with that.
I mean, I can palm those arm desks....if you ever watched Men in Black, the scene where all the candidates were trying to take their tests sitting in those awkward chairs....that is what these chairs were like.
As far as why I sit in the back...so my head doesn't get in other people's way.
- Sep 18 by whealerLuckily my classrooms are small so wherever I sit is a good spot
Otherwise I sit at least in the first two rows so I can see whatever is written on the dry erase board.