What is Your School's Selection Rate?Register Today!
This is a discussion on What is Your School's Selection Rate? in General Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... Just curious. It was told to us yesterday during orientation that 112 RN student candidates were...by Clodhopper Aug 15, '12Just curious. It was told to us yesterday during orientation that 112 RN student candidates were selected out of 1235 applications to nursing school. That is over a 90 percent rejection rate! Is it that comparable to get into other nursing schools?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=772049©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Aug 15, '12 by rubatoYes. My school accepts 64 out of over 400. It's kind of cutthroat right now.
- Aug 15, '12 by hollykristinxoOur ADN program accepted 20 twice a year.. the semester I was accepted 217 applied. Now they cut down and are only taking 35 once a year.
- Aug 15, '12 by vintageandreaI was told there were 2000 applicants for 100 spots for my program in Ontario, Canada.
- Aug 16, '12 by WahineMakaiI'm not certain if it's accurate, but I heard there were about 500 applicants for 35 spots in my program. I feel very lucky!
- Aug 16, '12 by samrusrnThey told us that 48 people applied this semester and that half got accepted. It used to be more than 100 each semester.
- Aug 16, '12 by nrobinson7I'm not sure about the freshman rate, but I transferred from a CC to a BSN program and they said they had 160ish transfer applications and accepted six people.
- Aug 16, '12 by alovelymotherGeez! I'm grateful that I'm in a small community. We had 127 apply for 50 spots at 2 campuses.
- Aug 16, '12 by Bloomgirl118My program accepts 60 in the fall (40 ASN and 20 LPN) from about 500 applicants.
- Aug 16, '12 by anw0014My program accepted 120 for my class. At our first orientation in May they told us that it had become so competetive that everyone who got accepted had at least a 3.5 GPA.