School accreditation question---please help!Register Today!
This is a discussion on School accreditation question---please help! in General Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... The nursing school I'm applying to is opening up a new campus close to home, so naturally I want to...by STA51 Jan 14, '12The nursing school I'm applying to is opening up a new campus close to home, so naturally I want to attend school there. The main university is CCNE accredited. Does this mean the new campus or extension of the university will automatically be CCNE accredited as well? Do new school locations have to apply to become accredited, or is it still under the "umbrella" of the main campus?
If they do have to become accredited, how long does that take? What does that mean for a nursing student? Thanks! I just don't want to make a big mistake!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=662223©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,365 Views
- Jan 14, '12 by skulskcc01Call the school and ask.
- Jan 14, '12 by STA51I've tried calling and emailing, but they're really busy. I didn't know if someone on this site knew anything about this. Thanks for your wise advice, though.
- Jan 14, '12 by StcroixContact the accreditation entity themselves:
[B]American Association of Colleges of Nursing
One Dupont Circle, NW Suite 530
Washington, DC 20036
Phone: (202) 463-6930
Fax: (202) 785-8320
I'm sure they can help
- Jan 14, '12 by MulticollinearityGood for you for checking into this. Many students don't think to check accreditation.
- Jan 14, '12 by justmeinlvTake Stcroix's advice and check with CCNE themselves. You want to be very careful about going to programs that are not yet accredited and be sure to understand the risks if they do not gain accreditation.
- Jan 14, '12 by STA51I'll check it out. Has anyone heard any stories about students getting mixed up with unaccredited schools?Thanks for the info
- Jan 15, '12 by Esme12http://allnurses.com/pre-nursing-stu...435-page2.html
I just found out that even if you go to an accredited school...it doesn't mean if you move the state you move too might not acceot your schooling and will not give you a license. Which just blows my mind.