- 2Hello everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has tried Nurse Mates shoes and if they are comfortable? We are required to have white leather shoes and I thought about ordering them. Also are they true to size? Any other suggestions would be welcomed also! Thank you for your time!
- 7,939 Visits
- 0May 23, '13 by aleong29I have heard many good things about Nurse Mates, but I personally have not tried them myself. I purchased a pair of Timberland PRO Renova for my clinicals. I find that these run a half size too big but I love the way they feel under my feet. They're designed for people in health care.
- 0May 23, '13 by Miiki SNQuote from wordsofmymouthI bought those for my pre-nursing clinicals (4 hours per week) and twisted my ankle twice that semester. They were so heavy and clunky I had to get rid of them.I start in the fall and I bought Timberland Pro Renova. Haven't worn them a full day yet but just walking around the house they feel wonderful.
- 0May 23, '13 by MathHatingNurseI'm not sure about specific brands, but I found a really lightweight pair that had good support. The arch on my left foot is collapsing, so I needed something that would get me through those 13-hour clinicals. I found a pair of Nikes for $40 that fit just what I needed. I found the best thing you can do is go to the store and try them on. I probably tried on 20 different shoes the day I bought these and of the 20, this was the only one that really "felt right" to me.Last edit by MathHatingNurse on May 23, '13 : Reason: typo
- 1May 23, '13 by seven71Hi there,
If you are allowed to wear white gym shoes, I would highly recommend a pair of Nike Shox. They are a little pricey, but well worth it. The lift at the heel gives my back great support. I have 12 hour clinicals, and my feet and back would be a mess without my Shox! Good luck!
- 0May 23, '13 by ~Melissa~I'm grateful for this thread, too! I start this fall and am really curious about what shoes to get. I have weak ankles and unfortunately they roll often. I see that a PP has mentioned the Timberlands causing her some ankle issues. I love New Balance running shoes as they offer great stability, but I had wanted something more in a closed back clog for cleaning issues, ya know?
I look forward to more posts!