Inspirational sayings, etc...
- 0Dec 20, '06 by Nurse2b Jenmy favorite saying i have heard so far is from one of my instructors...
~*~ if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got!! ~*~
and yet another one is
"look around, there are no dead bodies on this floor."
lol she said that to me because i have a little bit of instructor anxiety!!
the owner of the school says:
"fake it till you make it!"
- 30,782 Visits
- 0Dec 21, '06 by shippoRN"can't" is the man or woman, who doesn't try. (my dad always told me this as a kid when i would say I couldn't do something or didn't have an confidence in myself)
The greastest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
Shut up, stop wineing and just do it! (this is the one I've been trying to live by lately.)Last edit by shippoRN on Dec 21, '06
- 0Dec 21, '06 by DaytoniteOMG! I have a whole file of these kinds of little quotes. Many of them funny. I have to go through them periodically to find just the right thing to tack onto a cover page, or a letter, etc. I collect them from my travels on the internet. Here's a partial list. Enjoy!
- To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; To steal from many is research.
- As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in public schools.
- Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
- Graduate soon! Millions on Welfare depend on you.
- I'm not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.
- If at first you don't succeed. . .blame someone else and seek counseling.
- It's not how you pick your nose, but where you put the booger.
- Jesus is coming! Look busy!
- Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them!
- Welcome to S**t Creek! Sorry! We're out of paddles! (I often put this on the covers of my school notebooks)
- When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.
- Where are we going? And, why am I in this handbasket?
- I wouldn't take her to a dawg fight, 'cause I'm afraid she'd win!
- Woman's Rule of Thumb: If it has tires or testicles, you're going to have trouble with it.
- Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings. They did it by killing everyone who opposed them.
- If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos, then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.
- Doing a job right the first time gets the job done. Doing the job wrong fourteen times gives you job security.
- Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
- Teamwork means never having to take all the blame yourself.
- Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
- Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
- If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
- When every thing is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
- Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays off now.
- Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
- Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
- Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
- The things that come to those who wait may be the things left by those who got there first.
- The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
- Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
- When you're old and fall down, you wonder what else you can do while you're down there.
- No one is perfect until you fall in love with them.
- Birds of a feather flock together and crap on your car.
- If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.
- Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart.
- If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
- The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier.
- Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
- What if the Hokey Pokey is really what it's all about?
- The first rule of holes: If you are in one, stop digging.
- I went to school to become a wit, only got halfway through.
- Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.
- Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
- The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.
- Middle age is having a choice of two temptations and choosing the one that will get you home earlier.
- What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?
- If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the OTHERS here for?
- The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does.
- Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge. (Mark Twain)
- It's not the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog. (Mark Twain)
- More is good ... all is better (Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #242 – Star Trek, Deep Space Nine)
- It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
- Hunter's Observation on Education and Oz: "We can give you a diploma, but we can't give you a brain."
- If at first you don't succeed destroy all evidence that you ever tried.
- If all else fails, hit it with a big hammer.
- Your nose will itch the very moment your gloved hands get contaminated with bodily fluids.
- Everything takes longer than you think.
- No matter how hard you try, you cannot push a string.
- McFalls' Maxim: No degree of acceptance can ever change the facts. Translation: You may come to terms with being screwed, but nevertheless you're still screwed.
- Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you think, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
- Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.
- On the other hand, you have different fingers.
- A Decimal Point = I'm a Dot in Place (they're anagrams)
- I Love Mathematics by Adam Up
- I Love Fractions by Lois C. Denominator
- 0Apr 24, '07 by SheyenI loved those sayings!! I put two of them onthe back of shirts I made (I take big tshirts that will move with the body, yaya, lol) and then put my name and title (CNA) on it, for two things, scrub tops are always too tight and when I am picking someone up, they wont let me move with the resident (urgh), and I dont get yelled at for not having a name tag, heh. So anyway on the back of two of them.....on one I put: Your nose will itch the very moment your gloved hands get contaminated with bodily fluids, they will love that one at the nursing home, and also What hair color do they put on the drivers licenses of bald men.....wheeee I get to make fun of bald men, heh. The next time I do a shirt, I am going to put also the one about: When everything is coming your way, your in the wrong lane.....that is SUCH the life in a nursing home.
Thanks so much for the ideas!!