Failed first semester of nursing school. What should i do now?Register Today!
- by nursetobe15 Jan 28Hi allnurses.com I failed my first semester of nursing school nursing 101 fundamentals. I believe it was a lack of studying skills and work schedule, and slightly the school ( it was very unorganized). Now i cant attend back until the fall of 2013. I dont have anymore course to take what should i do on my free time before going back? ive been looking into other courses i can take to transfer to another school. will i even have a chance ? or will i be wasting my time?
- 2,907 Views
- Jan 28 by Miiki SNIs it an ASN or BSN. If it's an ASN, you could take classes towards your BSN.
You could also pick up as much time at work as possible to put towards student loans/any other debts/save.
You could try to transfer, but personally, I wouldn't put too much hope on that. In my state, you have to get a letter of good standing to switch nursing schools (BON regulation).
- Jan 28 by LadyFree28Most places will not take you if you failed fundamentals. It may sound harsh, but it is the reality. If you like the program, I say return to the program in the Fall. If it is a ASN program, if you plan on going back fir your BSN, you can take courses towards the BSN as a PP stated. Otherwise, take the time to rest, brush up on learning what study habits work for you, work and save up cash if you can in order to be in a position to survive financially while focusing on school.
(HUGS)...I was in the same position as you were in...I was 19, at a community college, and terrible test anxiety. I did not return, and most places out right told me I can try to boost my GPA, but chances were I would have a hard time getting into another program with my failing fundamentals. Went to LPN school, worked as a LPN, graduated May 2012, start my new grad job next Monday. Failure is an experience that you can get back up and dust yourself off and try again!
- Jan 28 by nursetobe15thank you all for the advice. it was an ASN program. I was thinking the same thing to take courses towards my bsn, however if i fail anymore of my nursing courses i will be out of the program all together. So right now im unsure if i want to spend money towards a BSN program when i am still on thin ice with my ASN.
- Jan 29 by Live.&.LearnIf you truly feel the school in't the best, look into other options. I switched and couldn't be happier. Also have a few girls in my class that failed other programs and are doing well...good luck
- Jan 29 by Kevin KinneyI know what it means to fail. I failed med/surg but if you want it bad enough. Don't give up. It's tough. I have to wait till April to redo the theory. Talk to everyone that can help you and try not to make the same mistake twice. Good luck
- Jan 29 by KimynurseRead everything and everything on fundamentals
- Jan 29 by futurenurseya33You should try to pinpoint why you failed. I had a friend that failed fundamentals. She was getting a B up until the final exam and only got 50% of the questions right. It completely shook her confidence. If this is something you truly want, go back. You'll be glad you did.