Backpacks - page 2
by cjr2619 2,930 Views | 26 Comments
Hi everyone! I am starting an ADN program in the fall (yee!!!) and I was wondering if anyone had any backpack recommendations. I want something that will last the two years I'm in school, but it also needs to be economical. I... Read More
- 0May 5, '13 by MewsinI don't know what to get but I do know not to get a backpack that is a lighter fabric by the zipper. The strain of having my med-surg and fundamental textbooks in my backpack has ripped my backpack by the zipper. (In 2 months) I'm not over shocked though since my med-surg book weighs 9.6lbs(yes I weighed it)
Also remember, if you're carrying your books on your back, use both straps. Students have hurt their shoulder by throwing the backpack over one shoulder and not wearing it properly.
- 0May 6, '13 by aleong29Quote from cjr2619I live in Southern California, and there's a dicks very close to where I live! My current backpack is from dakine, and they make excellent packs. My suitcase and my snowboarding bag is from them as well! I wish they made rolling backpacks!
I wish we had a dicks! I live in CA and sports authority only. I used to live in Virginia so I know all about dicks and thy are much better than sports authority, but I will check them out!
- 0May 6, '13 by wildcatchristieI bought a Samsonite rolling backpack. There are 2 pockets for water bottles, one on each side. Directly under those pockets are zippered pockets. Then there is a little pocket on the very top, then a medium pocket large enough for a netbook, then a larger main compartment for books and a removal laptop sleeve, another slim pocket for folders that zips and another section to house the straps if you decide to carry it. That section can be zipped too, I put a sweater in that section.
- 0May 6, '13 by danielle11Quote from cjr2619Not sure what area of CA you live in, but here in N. CA we have lots of Dick's Sporting Goods - do a quick Google search and see if there are any around you!I wish we had a dicks! I live in CA and sports authority only. I used to live in Virginia so I know all about dicks and thy are much better than sports authority, but I will check them out!
- 0May 6, '13 by cjr2619Quote from danielle11I had no idea they are on n.ca!! Just looked it up, and the closed to me is Modesto...I live in sacramento. Oh well, maybe we will get a dicks soon! That would be awesome
Not sure what area of CA you live in, but here in N. CA we have lots of Dick's Sporting Goods - do a quick Google search and see if there are any around you!
- 0May 6, '13 by StephalumpQuote from cjr2619Nope. I'm too lazy to use ramps, so they've taken a pretty good beating and still work great! I've bought so cheapo Walmart bags and it blows them all away for the same price.
I like the idea of a bag on rollers...do you have trouble with the wheels at all?
- 0May 7, '13 by scrletI have a rollie bag too. I started my year out with a normal bag and nursing books are ridiculous so i quickly went and bought a new one on wheels and saved my back. One of my med-surg books is 11lbs by itself!!! You need your back, don't ruin it before you even graduate lol I think I paid $50 for mine at a store in the mall on sale, it's leather though and still looks brand new after one year of nursing school