4 months away, but I'm ready to break down.Register Today!
- by nursetobe2013 Feb 11I'm tired.
I'm tired of studying and sacrificing time with my daughter and husband for school. I'm tired of watching so many other students have the opportunity to study more than I do and reach satisfaction with grades or information retention... something I never will. I'm tired of getting mediocre grades and doing exemplary amounts of studying. If someone asks me one more time what the priority is, I may just crack. I studied so hard for an exam today and just scratched by. I only have 4 months until graduation and usually never give up on ANYTHING, but I'm tired. I'm tired of education being so "valuable" when it truly just kills any enthusiasm and drive I have. I'm tired of the busywork and the non-stop lectures from instructors who love to tell us how we don't even know how hard it is yet (as if I'm not a former professional for 20 years completely versed in the game of life and professional work experience). It's degrading and obnoxious. Going to a top medical university doesn't help as well and neither does the debt I will be in until I'm at least 236 years old. The overachiever percentage is frightening at this school, and I used to be one. I suppose I still am or I wouldn't take all of this so personally. I'm just tired. Does anyone so close to graduation, struggling to meet the almighty GPA feel the same? I just want to know that I'm not truly losing it... then... there's the bloody NCLEX...
- 958 Views
- Feb 11 by angeleyes8501I totally understand!!! I am sooooo tired and sick of school! I have 189 days till I graduate and I am done! I feel as if the world is continuing on around me and I am standing still striving to get a high GPA so I can be competetive for an anesthesia school within the next five years! I lost my best friend due to not being able to be in her wedding which is a couple days before my med/surg final exam, I havent seen my family since christmas havent been able to even take my little brother out for his birthday which was last month!!! This better be worth every penny every tear every heart break Ive endured this past year. No breaks no breathers just school and I working fulltime! IM FED UP!! So I totally understand where you are coming from. But on another note, good luck!
- Feb 11 by julz68Wow. You just described the way I felt in the last stretch of nursing school. There were so many times that I was wondering if I was doing the right thing. All the studying and hours spent in lecture and clinical was taking precious time away from my family that o could never get back. There were times I felt like an awful mom because I couldn't be at my daughters track meet or my sons' sporting events. I have four kids that needed me and also a husband and school was draining the life out of me.
I. Was. Tired.
The good news is that the end is in sight. You have 4 months to go. Do not give up or all that time you spent studying and away from your family will be in vain. You can do it.
I graduated just 2 months ago and just passed NCLEX last week. What a relief and sense of accomplishment!
Just want you to know, you're not alone. Many feel the way you do at this point. You will be a great example to your children when you finish your goal. It was awesome to see how proud my kids were of me. They even bragged to their friends!
Just keep pluggin' away...the light is at the end of the tunnel.
- Feb 11 by Twinmom06yes, yes, YES!!! I have a case of senioritis like no other! I swore this semester I was going to get ahead of the game blah blah blah...yea, just eeked out a care plan that's due tomorrow...have a huge exam on Thursday I haven't started studying for yet and the thought of dragging my ass out of bed for clinical at 0530 tomorrow makes me want to cry....
but yes there are only 82 days till graduation...and WE will make it!
- Feb 11 by SunshineDaisyYES!!! I am so ready to be done! I miss my family so much! My circumstances are different, as my hubby and kids live 2000 miles away now because of a job, but if it weren't for school I'd be there with them! When I am finally home with them it'll be 10 months of my life without my hubby and 5 months without my kids! I'm not in the military, I didn't sign up for the separation s***! I have bad senioritis and not having them here is compounding it! 6 more weeks of med surge 2...
- Feb 11 by procrastinator911i think every senior can relate. I know I can. I graduate in 98 days lol. I feel like this the worst semester with the extra work and I feel like our senior med-surg class is soo000 intense. Had our first test a few weeks ago and a lot of us trying to recover from it. Some of my friends take adderall to get through class and exams. At times I wish i had a prescription. But the way i see it is, we've all come too far to let anything ruin it or set us back
- Feb 13 by Racer15In a nine year period, I was in college for 7.5 years. I worked a job all nine of those years, full time for three. By my last semester of nursing school, I was DONE. I didn't care anymore, I just wanted a job. But it goes by fast, one day you are wanting to rip your hair out, the next you're seeing RN next to your name on the BON. Just take it a day at a time!
- Feb 13 by MrPopeyeI can understand your feelings completely. I bust my rear end to just barely get by. And I mean it.... Sorry for the French, but I BUST MY ASS! All to just barely get by.
All I can do when I get down is think of why I am in this. I take some alone time, usually in the morning, and reflect on what made me want to be a nurse. That ALWAYS relights a fire under my butt!
- Feb 26 by wannabmidwifeI hear ya loud and clear! This is a second career for me so I've had my share of school life. I'm finishing up in May too but it's not close enough. I have kids, husband, dogs, fish, house, laundry, cooking, blah, blah, blah to take care of and I gotta study too, almost forgot to squeeze that in too . I used to be able to sit on my couch and study for hours on end, not any more. I study for maybe 30 min spirts. I'm always worrying that I'm not studying enough because this program has been so difficult but I just can't any more. I can't wait till it's over. Then yes, that BLOODY NCLEX . Makes me wanna cry!