You might be a night shifter if... - Page 13Register Today!
- Jan 17 by sharpeimomBurger King sells a ham and cheese croissant with or without a scrambled egg until 10:30 every morning and when I'd not be in a breakfast mood, I'd get one minus the egg. When I used to get one to eat on the way home, I'd add a squirt of Dijon mustard and it tasted soooo good! Now I get a smoothie and some herbal tea with it. Yum!
- Jan 18 by MJB2010I just cleaned my whole house and vacuumed. Good thing my neighbors are not close! When I first started on night shift I always wanted to vacuum at night but we lived on the third floor of an apartment so I couldn't. Night shifters need detached homes with no close neighbors.
- Jan 18 by CrufflerJJQuote from BrandonLPNI thought I was making perfect sense when talking to a day-shifter about having worked Christmas Eve night and Christmas Day night.And God help you if you're trying to talk about something that happened a day ago on night shift.
"Last night. No, not *this* last night, *last* last night."
- Jan 18 by KunzieoQuote from duskyjewelOmg!!! THANK YOU so much- i never knew that! There's a Sonic that's just a tiny little bit out of the way on my route home- but I'm anticipating quite a few detours in my future!For the night shifters wanting burgers at 8:00 a.m., Jack in the Box and Sonic both serve their full menu all day long.
- Jan 18 by BrandonLPN.... if you walk into a sleeping paitent's room at 2am and he wakes up justifiably scared to see you standing you over the bed in the dark. He asks "What are you doing?!" You reply: "Just watching you breathe." and then leave the room without another word.
You *might* be a night nurse if it never occurs to you just how creepy that is....
- Jan 18 by VolMomThis may have already been mentioned, but I remember driving home alternating which eye I kept open! Have you ever laid your head down and the hospital supervisor come up to you, you sit up innocently while showing off your bright red forehead? lol
I worked nights for about 6 years.