What are your tricks for leaving work at work? - page 3
The title says it all :) How do you keep your mind clocked out when you've left the building?... Read More
- 0Jun 3, '12 by Mandychelle79I have an hour drive home. If I have a bad night, I have a specific playlist in my iphone for the ride home. If its a really really bad night, I do that and then I go zombie hunting ( House of the dead on the wii) when I get home. Something about killing the zombies helps me relax
- 0Jun 3, '12 by nyteshadeI find this funny scene from That 70's Show pretty much sums up how I do it...
That 70's Show - Eric and Kitty sings Bad Blood - YouTube
- 0Jun 3, '12 by GitanoRN GuideQuote from nyteshadei find this funny scene from that 70s show pretty much sums up how i do it...
that 70's show - eric and kitty sings bad blood - youtube
luv' it!!!! however, now i have that darn song embedded in my brain
- 0Jun 3, '12 by Ruby Veewhen i lived close to work and had a short commute, i'd walk my dogs as soon as i got home. after a brisk 2 or 3 miles, i was able to stop thinking about work. or i'd swim for an hour or so in the bay out back . . . with eagles soaring overhead, egrets wading in the shallows and (on the weekends) dodging power boats. now that my commute is longer, i listen to my favorite music (loudly) in the car as i drive home.
- 0Jun 3, '12 by dudette10I had a hard time letting go at home until just recently. Diversion has never, ever worked for me because I tend to ruminate to the exclusion of all other thoughts on my omissions/mistakes, but reframing does.
I got yelled at by a doctor because I had to call her back immediately because I forgot to tell her something. Reframing: Oh, well. I'm not the only one who has ever done that. The important part is that I went ahead and made the call.
I forgot to chart a notification to a doctor. Reframing: Oh, well. I got the telephone order; it's written down. There's my proof I spoke to someone! Or, the patient was added to the consult's patient list, and I did notify her and told the next nurse about the notification.
I had to leave a couple tasks for the next nurse, and I feel bad about it. Reframing: Oh, well. I work my butt off, I don't make it a habit to leave stuff, and nursing is 24/7. If she doesn't subscribe to the 24/7 notion, too bad.
- 0Jun 10, '12 by ixchelQuote from michigansapphireOMG that is hilarious! Love it!!!!This will probably sound silly, but it works for me ...
About halfway through my drive home, I pass several farms with herds of cows. I imagine dropping my problems off in those fields - where the cows POOP ALL OVER THEM.