What do you pack in your work bag?Register Today!
- by vhern246 Jul 1, '10I was wondering what I should pack in my work bag? I know I should bring a steth and a change of scrubs, but what else?
- Jul 1, '10 by SolaireSolsticeWe have lockers so anything I use at work I keep there. But basically, change of scrubs (include socks, I go through more socks than tops), steth, "feminine products", tylenol, big bottle of water, a little cash, penlight, scissors, hemastats, about 40 pens, my lunch and a snack. Generally when I clear out my pockets at the end of shift I have misc. supplies in there (alcohol swabs and NS flushes) and I just toss them in there too knowing I will use them next shift anyway.
- Jul 1, '10 by CNL2BI bring nothing and feel lucky about it. I work in a unit and I get my scrubs out of the hospital machine and we have all our supplies including stethoscopes (Littman cardiology ones!) in the room (can you believe they haven't walked off yet? It's been 2 years!) I keep the "girl products" and my Danskos in my locker. I walk in with my purse and my lunch every day and that's it.
- Jul 1, '10 by TiffyRNI have an embarrassingly huge work bag and carry EVERYTHING. Beyond the usual things one should need, I would suggest to also bring a really good multi-tool (gerber multi-tool or something like it). They transform into pliers, slot & phillips head screwdrivers and a few other things. Those can run a little expensive if you get any kind of quality, but at minimum get a screwdriver that has interchangeable tips for slot & phillips. Wal-mart sells one for under $4. I can't tell you how often I use a screwdriver at work, and yes I work as a staff RN in a hospital.
I was not one of the lucky ones to get a locker so everything I need is in my work bag.
- Jul 1, '10 by vhern246Lucky!
- Jul 1, '10 by OtessaSnacks that will give you high energy and can be eaten quickly.
granola bars, gorp, almonds and craisins, etc.
- Jul 1, '10 by smarti15I work LTC and things tend to walk off. I carry a HUGE bag and have my name on everything. I have my littman and a cheap steth (to loan out), a manual BP cuff, wrist BP cuff, hemostats, two scissors, pen light, thermometer, pulse-ox, notebook, probably a gazillion pens (love the ones from my bank), bottle of water, bottle of gatorade, wallet, feminine products, and a big bag of candy for all of my co-workers...whew!
- Jul 1, '10 by Boonce1Scissor drug book change for snack machine I like to bring books to read on my lunch break sometimes I bring my lap top to use on my lunch break too but that wont fit in ur nursing bag and a photo of my kids
- Jul 1, '10 by TonyaM73My bag has slots in the front of it to display my children's photos. Stethescope, wrist bp cuff, 3 pen lights, scissors, tweezers, notebooks for daily notes about the facility and what went on, pens, pens and more pens, highlighter, sharpy, granola bar, change for the vending machines, pocket notebooks, pads for just in case, chap stick, mints, cough drops, oh geez that's enough!!!!