What certifications do you have?Register Today!
- by confusedstudent_88 Dec 18, '12Hey All-
I was wondering what are some of the certifications you all hold as established nurses? Please if you put an acronym can you expand on it and tell me which area you work in?
Thanks so much!
- 4,755 Views
- Dec 19, '12 by MorganalefeyCurrently, just ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support. IE How to run a code).
There is some rumor they are going to make us get PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) but I don't see why they would do that. I work on a cardiac/neuro IMCU (adults only).
- Dec 19, '12 by emtb2rnHomework question?
- Dec 19, '12 by confusedstudent_88Nope just a general question. Thanks for the input morganalafey!
- Dec 19, '12 by llgI am certified by ANCC (American Nurses Credentialling Center) in my practice specialty -- which is Nursing Professional Development.
llg, PhD, RN-BC (The BC stands for "Board Certified")
- Dec 19, '12 by FancypantsRNI work ER and am studying for my CEN (certified emergency nurse)
I maintain ACLS, BLS, ENPC, PALS and TNCC
- Dec 19, '12 by nrsang97I am ACLS and BLS certified. I will be taking TCAR (trauma care after recussatation) in Feb. I work as a rapid response nurse. I have also worked med-surg and Neuro ICU.
- Dec 19, '12 by akulahawkI can:
ACLS- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
BLS - Basic Life Support
ENPC -Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course
PALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support
TNCC - Trauma Nurse Core Course
I personally have taken in the past:
BTLS - Basic Trauma Life Support (Now known as "ITLS" for International Trauma Life Support)
PHTLS - Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support
- Dec 19, '12 by MeriwhenI'm ANCC certified in psychiatric-mental health nursing (RN-BC). I also hold certifications in BLS, ACLS, PALS, and CPI (Nonviolent Crisis Intervention).