I am currently a nursing student in San Diego, CA. I am working on a research paper regarding the issue of the nursing shortage. I know I could probably try and find this topic somewhere on this forum, but I wanted to conduct my very own poll :spin:
1) What do you think is the main cause(s) of the shortage?
2) Do you think nurses are overworked?
3) What is the overall treatment nurses receive by colleagues and/or pts in the workplace?
4) Are you satisfied with the benefits you receive (i.e. vacation/sick time, salary, insurance)?
5) What do you think the solution should be for the shortage?
Please include your location and how many years you have been a Registered Nurse.
Thanks for all of your help!!!