Nursing Jobs at Universal StudiosRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Nursing Jobs at Universal Studios in General Nursing Discussion, part of General Nursing ... Hi, I'm a nursing student who has an interest in practicing in a non traditional setting. I was...by strife317 Aug 24, '12Hi, I'm a nursing student who has an interest in practicing in a non traditional setting. I was looking over the Universal Studios Orlando website and noticed that they hired RN's at the theme park. Does anyone know what the working conditions are like? Also, how does the payscale compare to long term care and a hospital setting?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=776915©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,748 Views
- Aug 25, '12 by ukjenn231I can't speak for Universal but I applied for Sea World last year PRN when I lived in Orlando and the pay was extremely low, like 25% of what I make on the floor. The work is to basically respond to any medical issues in the park, I think you have an office and do employee health too.
- Aug 25, '12 by TheCommuterDisney World also hires nurses.
However, I believe you'll probably need at least a year of bedside nursing experience before they'll seriously consider you because the role of theme park nurse tends to be very autonomous.
- Aug 25, '12 by madwife2002I believe you have to have ER experience too
- Aug 25, '12 by scrubwearerI know Disney is RN with 5 yrs. I looked into it as a former cast member who would love to do that.
Sent from my iPhone using allnurses.com
- Aug 31, '12 by strife317Thank you all, for the information . It seems that the theme park nursing payscales are substantially lower than that of the local hospitals and longterm care facilities.
- Jan 10 by mandaglass22Does anyone know someone who works at Disney as a nurse I could speak to? I am a Health Occupations student going to a HOSA competition and Disney nurse is what my topic for my poster is. Please Help! Thanks!
- Jan 10 by Wave WatcherI heard they are all goofy over there. Bada bing! Late night comedy!
- Jan 11 by GrnTeamandaglass, the telephone is your friend. I am sure that if you called HR over there you'd get transferred to the right person. If all you get at HR is a recording, keep pushing buttons until you get a live person, any live person, and get transferred.