I am going to be a new grad in a couple months.
I have NO CLUE WHATSOEVER where I belong in nursing. Everything interests me really, because I feel like I have so much yet to learn. Can you steer me in a direction that you think may be the most fitting, taking this into consideration?:
Things good about me
1. I love learning.
2. Research EVERYTHING. I don't do anything w/o having some knowlege about it first. Not even going to the movies!
3. Want to know "WHY" about everything.
4. Ask so many questions related to the above that I drive most people crazy.
5. Want to be good at what I do.
6. Would like to be an expert in my chosen specialty.
7. Very detail oriented.
Things I consider not so good about me
1. Not too comfortable with skills. (only experience is in NS)
2. Don't feel very comfortable with time management/prioritizing (YET).
3. Have trouble understanding complex systems such as Cardiac and Neuro but not so sure this wouldn't change if I had more time to devote to learning only those topics (can't in nursing school, so many other things to learn)
4. I have high anxiety levels, low self confidence (pretty sure related to lack of experience).
5. Don't really like the "adrenaline rush" of the ER/coding pts. I know codes are inevitable BUT I do get that "flight" feeling.:icon_roll
I would love to get into a specialty where I can really start researching on my own, really learning everything I can.
I have to do clinical preceptorship in a few months but have to pick a specialty now, so.........
Take a stab at where I belong.....