need some advice purty pleaseRegister Today!
- by Sad RN05 Oct 21, '11i was fired yesterday from a job ive held almost 2 years. pt stated i did not give him pain medication when i did, and it was documented. they DID NOT drug test me, as i begged them to do so to prove my innocence. So, they said im being turned into the board of nursing for that. ANYTHING i can do guys??? Ive never felt so low in my life!! help please!!
- Oct 21, '11 by merleeSomething is missing here. You were fired for ONE incident when a patient states he didn't get his pain meds, and the facility is threatening to turn you into the BON.
There must be more to this story.
And contact an attorney.
- Oct 21, '11 by Esme12I am sorry your are going through this...... It can be very scary. But We can't give legal advice here. If you carry malpractice insurance call them immediately! AND ask them for a list of attorney's that they recommend. If you don't have malpractice you need to contact an attorney on your own for wrongful termination and to protect your license.
If they did report this to the board the board will review the accusation and see if it warrants investigation. If they believe and investigation is necessary then they will notify you. If you hear nothing they have decided to "hold on" to it to see if any other's complaints get lodged against you. I have known a facility that used these type of tactics to get rid of people and the best way to shut them up was to accuse the nurse of the on thing that terrified her....DRUGS.
What are they reporting you to the board for...... narcotics? failure to treat patient? failure to document properly? Diversion? Actually forget I asked those questions....I would post no further details and contact a lawyer...you never know who's reading....... Good luck!!
- Oct 21, '11 by imintroubleDitto to what everybody else has posted.
Just because you didn't do anything wrong, doesn't mean you can't be accused.
- Oct 21, '11 by Amanda.RNI feel like there is a lot missing to this story. I've never heard of something like this happening...ever. You should follow the recommendations above -- go to your PCP office for drug testing, then contact your attorney.
- Oct 22, '11 by Esme12Quote from Amanda.RNThere may be missing form the story but I have seen employers with the morals of alley cats......always watch your back for even the innovent can be framed and yes there are facilitied that will do it. Carry insurance and be careful......I've seen some scary things in 33 years...((HUGS))I feel like there is a lot missing to this story. I've never heard of something like this happening...ever. You should follow the recommendations above -- go to your PCP office for drug testing, then contact your attorney.
- Oct 22, '11 by tnbutterflyAs other members have posted, we cannot provide legal advice. You need to consult an attorney as ASAP.
- Oct 23, '11 by NRSKarenRN[color=#1122cc]the american association of nurse attorneys list members by state.