The most beautiful curls I'd ever seen - page 4
by kessadawn 28,109 Views | 61 Comments
You had two simple requests of me, a drink of water, and to go home. I had started out my shift on high note, caring for my two favorite cardiac patients, working with some of my favorite co-workers. It was going to be a good... Read More
- 2Sep 18, '08 by witchypookudos's and accolades to you and anyone else who works in peds this is a field i could never handle. i'll stick with geriatrics, i will always remember fondly the nurses that were there for the nightmare of my child's death and i hope they shine their halo's daily. because they deserve them.
- 1Sep 18, '08 by toph34Thanks for sharing your story. The beauty of nursing is that every facet of the population is served. It looks as though you have found your niche. I'm better suited for the adult population and my sister, also an RN, serves women's services/Nursery well. Sounds like you will have a blond cherub looking over your shoulder. :angel2:
Thanks for all you do for families. Stay strong.
- 1Sep 21, '08 by Midwest4mewonderfully written! god bless you for having the courage and ability to work in pediatrics...and then the ability to share such a sad story. the loss of a child is the most crippling kind of loss. having lost a child, i could never work peds and am thankful for those who can.
- 1Sep 22, '08 by tiggerforhimThank you. I just have tears streaming down my face. Probably part of it is the fact that I've got a 5 year old boy. But thank you for being there. I've worked Peds, but general floors, not PICU/NICU, because I knew I couldn't handle it. Bless you.
- 1Sep 24, '08 by bubbabubbaThis is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! What a blesing it was to the child's family that you were there with them. That they wanted to bathe and dress him was wonderful. How special that they had that last time to say goodbye.
I was teary eyed when i finished reading it .....