Levophed shortageRegister Today!
- by dh07RN Feb 20, '11I saw that there was a levophed shortage. Anyone know why?
- Feb 20, '11 by MunoRNOf the three that supply the US, one company "temporarily" stopped making it, another company is out until march, leaving the last company with limited supply. We're using neo instead.
- Feb 20, '11 by bellehillWe have a Neo shortage as well, anyone else? We have been using Dopamine and Epinephrine.
- Feb 20, '11 by CCL RNWe were told the levo was recalled. They busted open our code cart and took it from us! Neo, dopa, epi, fine. But nothing works for septic shock like leophed! I like levo the best.
We also had a propofol shortage last year...what a nightmare!!!
- Feb 20, '11 by meandragonbrettWe currently have no Levophed (been out for two weeks), no calcium gluconate, and are running out the last reserves of Dopamine. We are also out of tromethamine.
We're using Epi instead of levo.
- Feb 20, '11 by General E. Speaking, RNOh no. Hated using Ativan/Versed gtt instead of Propfol... Back to work tomorrow. Guess I will find out.
- Mar 3, '11 by lifesaver9033Precedex