least stressful areaRegister Today!
- by rajotolentino Aug 25, '08does this ever exist in the nusing department? lol..if it does, what do you think it is?
- Aug 25, '08 by rhondaa83I would absolutly say a doctors office. M-F holidays off, but it also comes with low pay. Although, if I were married and had a second income helping me pay the bills, I would do the office work in a heart beat.
- Aug 25, '08 by joannepI would also say disease management. No stress here!
- Aug 25, '08 by aknottedyarnAt work recently we had a discussion about how stressful it is at a MD office. I know they run interference for the MDs as well as doing lots of phone triage. There are too many people out there wanting pain pills. I got lots of stories about this from a former employee in a small office. It must be much worse in a large multi-MD practice.
For me the least stress was doing education for staff. It kept me up to date, great hours, and I had fun teaching.
Everyone is different and for me least stressful has changed.
Do you look at nursing as a job or as a career? makes a huge difference.
- Aug 25, '08 by Brita01The least stressful job for me was private duty. Only one patient to take care of for 8 or 12 hours. Heaven!
- Aug 25, '08 by DixieleeER!
- Aug 25, '08 by NursKris82I would think an office, although I've never worked in one- I have always hated office clinicals... so boring (to me, that is).
Definitely not LTC, with a ratio ranging from 1:20 to 1:40 depending on the day and the unit!! When everyone is fine and nothing happens and all your patients are long term- it could be a great day. But, if you work on a medicare floor with more acute residents which requires more charting, assessment, admits, discharges, and more acute residents with such a high ratio- it is stressful!! Even with all long term residents- with all their meds, a fall or anything can throw your whole day off kilter (sp?).
Another easy one might be assisted living, also with a low pay. I have a peer of mine who works in an assisted living facility and its like LTC, but with only 6 residents. That sounds pretty easy to me and she agrees!
- Aug 25, '08 by Medic2RNI would imagine the least stressful area of nursing is..... retirement.
Stress and nursing are synonymous. The 'least stressful area' is a myth.