I have been sending my resume to every non clinical nursing job posting in my area, and believe me, they are hard to come by.... so I get an offer today, to a job I obviously wanted, but I also interviewed yesterday at a major insurance company, and I really want that, but they are looking at making a decision at the beginning of next month...... so, to be sure to have a job, I took the one offered to me yesterday. Now, when and if, this ins job makes me an offer, what should I do? I dont want to quit my job so soon, but , I kind of need the full time and benefits that the ins job offers... have any of you been in this situation before? What did you all do ??
(so RELIEVED to be starting a nice, stress free non clinical nsg job)
Jan 23, '07
When I had job conflicts, at the time it was easy to deal with, b/c I had my criteria, explained this to the person asking, and no harm was done at the time. Have met several others who were in serious job hunt mode, with similar circumstances to your situation, i.e. multiple offers all around the same time. Each one, as I remember, went with the choice that they thought would be better for them at the time. I don't remember anybody expressing any concern about burning bridges or feeling sorry for leaving an employer after so short a time.
I look at it this way: employers have no problem with either letting you go during your probationary period if you don't work out, nor do they refrain from printing on their application forms that your application is only good for 30 or 60 days. Like fishing, grab the worm that's put in front of you first; if a bigger, juicier worm comes along for desert then grab him!
Last edit by caliotter3 on Jan 23, '07