If you weren't a nurse, what would you have become? - Page 3Register Today!
- Oct 26, '12 by Cupid14I would be a flight attendant! Or a travel agent. Or maybe a flight attendant until I was older or wanted to settle down, then use my experience to be a travel agent.
But, since I'm just now finishing my nursing degree, I'll just have to settle with travel nursing!
...after getting 1-2 years of experience that is.
- Oct 26, '12 by dudette10Quote from rubatoI did that for 2.5 years and made more money than I ever have in any of my other working years. It's called being a freelance copywriter. Jammies, in my home office, four hours a day, if even that. Then, my contract got terminated. Oh, well. All good things come to an end, don't they?What I really want is for someone to pay me to stay home in my pjs all day, but I haven't found anyone who is willing yet.
I can't imagine what I would do otherwise because this is my "what would you do if you weren't a..." job. Second career person here.
Maybe a teacher, which was my second choice when I decided to change paths.
- Oct 26, '12 by NurseDirtyBirdFor realsies, librarian, mortician or high school English or History teacher. All I considered at one point (and fantasize about now after a really bad day), and still would if I had enough money to do nothing but go to school for several more years.
For fun? I was totally going to be a rock star when I was a teenager, and I'd like to think that if my crippling stage fright hadn't nipped that idea in the bud, I would have been great.
- Oct 26, '12 by SoliloquyQuote from AlibabaIt sounds so cool though.lol#1 Every time I see those guys on the travel channel that get paid to travel the world and document it, I know,, that's what I would rather be doing than anything else. I guess that's whimsical coz it will never happen.
#2 Which I am really, seriously, but not too carefully considering. Save up a bunch of $ by doing double for a year then give it all up and go to some remote beach locale and open up a bar with some food bar offerings. And maybe a small guest house/hostel.
I could invite all my fellow stressed out AN members to visit for a week and decompress.
At some point, I'm hoping to reach a point where I can work and live off a Part time schedule as a Nurse and be able to spend my other days doing other things to self-develop.
- Oct 26, '12 by tokebiIf I hadn't suddenly decided to join military long ago, I would've become a computer animator. Sometimes I still dream of working in Pixar...
If I hadn't later decided to go back to nursing, I would've been working in a biochem lab...
But, I don't think I would've been very happy with either scenario as I am now.
- Oct 26, '12 by the healer's artMaybe I would be a child life specialist. I love hospitals and I love children so if I couldn't be a nurse I guess that's the closest to it.
Or I would be a children's librarian? Or maybe a child psychologist? or a children's author?
Or I would love to get paid a lot of money to just blog about whatever I want. I was originally going to become an attorney but I DEFINITELY do not want to do that now.
- Oct 26, '12 by noyesnoI'd work at a No-kill shelter. Saving four-legged friends (and probably taking them all home with me).
- Oct 26, '12 by serenidad2004I would LOVE to move to Mexico with my inlaws and just be there wouldnt really care what i was doing... thats my dream