I hate my boss! - page 3
by madwife2002 15,099 Views | 43 Comments Senior Moderator
hands up, how many of you actually hate your boss? i can imagine a fair few will be nodding their head in agreement that they hate there boss i search google with the words 'i hate my boss' and with that simple sentence i... Read More
- 3Dec 4, '11 by KelRN215If I didn't know better, I would think this article was written by one of my co-workers. Job satisfaction is at an all time low amongst my co-workers and if asked why staff morale is so poor, almost unanimously they will blame our manager.
I, personally, do not hate my boss but am finding it incredibly challenging to go to work lately because when she is mad at you (and she is currently mad at me), she goes out of her way to make your life miserable. Our turnover lately is incredible... those who found other jobs, took the first one that came along and were gone a minute after it was offered to them. In this economy, many feel stuck but people aren't even being picky now and just taking the first thing that comes along so they can get out of what is basically an abusive relationship. Several others have stated that they are leaving the minute they are offered something else. We are losing talented nurses for the sake of TPTB's egos. We are not going to be able to easily replace them either because 1. in this economy, people aren't really apt to leave their secure jobs just "for something different", 2. we are the lowest paying hospital in the city so in order for someone to leave their job and come to us, they'd have to take a pay-cut and 3. our hospital has a horrible reputation amongst nurses for the way staff is treated.
- 0Dec 9, '11 by cgreesonAll I can say is WOW... this is borderline creepy! I hate my boss as well but to be googling it. REALLY???? makes me not want to be a nurse. All I ever seen in these blogs are Nurses that just crab about everything. What's up with that? In all honesty I came to this webpage to be encouraged. Do all Nurses really hate eachother as much as this webpage makes it seem? This is in refference to the very first post.... with all of the googling on hated bosses.Last edit by cgreeson on Dec 10, '11 : Reason: clarification
- 1Dec 10, '11 by madwife2002 Senior ModeratorAll I can say is WOW... this is borderline creepy! I hate my boss as well but to be googling it. REALLY???? makes me not want to be a nurse. All I ever seen in these blogs are Nurses that just crab about everything. What's up with that? In all honesty I came to this webpage to be encouraged. Do all Nurses really hate eachother as much as this webpage makes it seem? This is in refference to the very first post.... with all of the googling on hated bosses.
I am sorry you feel that way but there are lots of blogs and lots of articles to read on this web site, if you chose to read mine and complain then I suggest you go find something you find suitable and avoid those that appear to creep you out
This is my blog and I find it therapeutic
- 1Dec 11, '11 by jimthorpWhile I don't hate my boss (new DON hired in May) I do hate some of her management techiques. The biggest peaves are her lack of communication to her staff and managing from behind the desk. On the positive side she has made some long in coming decisions that have improved some overall aspects of the job for the benefit of the patients and staff.
- 4Feb 8, '12 by MSICUNurse131I think it's outrageous who they allow into management positions. What makes me even crazier is management is capable of getting away with murder, and all the higher ups will support it. They are so concerned about who threatens them and plotting to get rid of them for several months, regardless of how good of a nurse they are. Yet the nurses that do not lift a finger and are low performer are employees of institutions for years. Nurses have to constantly worry about coworkers/managers/directors plotting against them, it really makes me sometime question why any of us wanted to go into these working conditions.
- 1Feb 8, '12 by alfa-sierraThe fish rots from the head, the proverb says. I am amazed how prevalent bad management practices are out there. Why is that? Answer is: because they can. If you want you can help to bring change about by reading about the Healthy Workplace Bills around the US which are trying the make bullying in the workplace illegal. Only when those bills pass and become laws will these situations change. Read about BullyBusters and the grassroots movement behind the Healthy Workplace Bill and join the effort. You may still not feel better but you'll feel more empowered. I know I did. Google www.workplacebullying.org and become an advocate.
- 2Jun 4, '12 by LRNGIRLYeah I am in the same boat right now.. They just hired a new office manager where I work..to top it off she's 25 years old, just finished her bachelors degree a year ago and has no managerial experience or clinical experience... She thinks it's ok to sit in her office and delegate to everyone and tell them what they are doing wrong. Burns me up..