HRSA/ Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program
- 0Feb 8, '13 by wife&mommyRNHi Allnurses,
I've decided to apply for the HRSA Loan Repayment Program this year. I have been wanting to apply the last couple of years, but never got around to apply. Now that I am ready to apply I see that they have made alot of changes. I'm sure it is going to be much different from past recipients considering everything is submitted online and you cannot complete nor move on to the next phase until all of the documentation is submitted correctly.
Has anyone successfully submitted their online application yet?
Thanks in advance
- 0Feb 18, '13 by LOVE2SPAwife&mommyRN,
Yes the program has gone through many changes in the past few years.(uploading the application and half of the funding is now reserved for NP's) My daughter applied for the 2011 cycle manually and was not funded. She has applied again and we are hoping she is funded in this cycle. Her criteria are all met so we will just wait to see the outcome. So many well deserving/hard-working nurses and never enough money to support them.
Good luck to you in application
- 0Feb 18, '13 by LadyFree28Quote from nextway55You click on the link on the HRSA site...read through and there is a link, like a "click here" link.Where is the application ? I didn't see the application but an email subscription if any new updated info. Are they open for this year already? When is the deadline ?
They have been open since Mid Jan...deadline is Feb 28th at 7 pm, I think.
My site was eligible last year, but is not eligible this year ...no worries, I have other options, so it's all good. Good luck to everybody!!
- 0Feb 19, '13 by wife&mommyRNI am half way done with my application, it's alot of work now!!! How do you know if your site is eligible/ not? I was told by my POC that our site is only covered for NPs, but she still encouraged me to apply. Love2SPA did they tell you why your daughter was denied the 1st time? How long does it take for them to let you know if you were accepted/ denied. Best wishes to everyone applying
- 0Feb 22, '13 by LadyFree28Quote from wife&mommyRNIf your site does not come up as a listed site, HRSA will research it and respond to you by email. You will not know if you got approved for the program until October.I am half way done with my application, it's alot of work now!!! How do you know if your site is eligible/ not? I was told by my POC that our site is only covered for NPs, but she still encouraged me to apply. Love2SPA did they tell you why your daughter was denied the 1st time? How long does it take for them to let you know if you were accepted/ denied. Best wishes to everyone applying
- 0Mar 2, '13 by elprupGood luck! Picture them loving your application and putting it in the yes pile! Here is the website to see if a site is HRSA approved
HRSA - Find a Health Center - Search Page
Once you get the award you will be given a case manager and you can email them the name and address of the sites around you to find out as well. It has been frustrating for me locating a site that will accept, so definitely find out who qualifies and network/volunteer to increase your chances of getting hired there before you graduate.
- 0Mar 20, '13 by LadyFree28Yes Jenzie...they open it up every January. The deadline is usually the end of February, with awardees notified by October. You must work in a Critical Shortage area, as well as a Disportion (not sure how its spelled, forgive me lol) Share Hospital, which means the facility has to have a physician shortage as well as the pt population they serve qualifies for Medicaid and are in need. My hospital dud not have a physician shortage, so they were ineligible this year. I hope the go back to the either option next year.