How do you guys feel about shadowing? - Page 2Register Today!
- May 19, '11 by Jules AI love it when someone is interested in psychiatric nursing and welcome the opportunity to provide a shadow experience.
- May 19, '11 by FutureNurseKaturahThank you everyone!
I'll definitely look into HOSA and ask the teacher in charge what it is they do and how it could help me in the future I'm glad it did good for you!
- May 19, '11 by FutureNurseKaturahLol! I'm sure everyone hopefully does
I was hoping that I would get responses like that. I feel like by asking questions and appearing OVER enthusiastic about shadowing that it might erk someone trying to do their job.
- May 19, '11 by Heidi the nurseOne of our hospitals has a "nurse camp" for high school students over the summer. Its one day, and students get to visit several different units. If things don't work out with the hospital you contacted, ask around some of the other hospitals in the area and see if they offer a similar program. The health occupations class teacher could probably give you an idea of where they go.
- May 20, '11 by Cul2How do you handle HIPAA with high school students? Those under
18 can't legally sign a paper attesting to their compliance. They're
minors. They're under no binding legal constraints to keep patient
information private. If patients are asked and give permission for a
minor to shadow their care, are they also informed that that there
is really nothing anyone can do if that minor violates HIPAA? That
would be true informed consent, wouldn't it?
- May 21, '11 by FutureNurseKaturahWell what is HIPAA?