how do I get tape residue off skin?Register Today!
- by amber74 May 9, '04I had vein stripping on my leg done a week ago. I have 24 1cm incisions.I have peeled off the tape strips, but can't get the residue off. I don't want to take a bath and risk infection.(I have been taking showers) Any tricks to getting this off the skin?
- May 9, '04 by WickedRedRNtry nail polish remover. I have used it in the past and works well.
- May 9, '04 by Rnn2003hi amber, i would try adhesive remover thats what we generally use in surgery. check at your local drug store they may have it there if not call the office of the surgeon who performed you surgery ask his nurses what they usually use to take steri strip/ bandaid adhesive of with
- May 9, '04 by happystudenttry lotion, let it soften it up, then wipe off with a warm , damp towel..........
- May 9, '04 by boggleI recently found I was sensitive to bandage tape, and had quite a bit of tape residue left on some very irritated skin. Had a brainstorm!
I tried the same Almay eye makeup remover pads that I use to remove mascara. I figured if they were sensitive enough to use on eyes, and tough enough to loosen mascara they just might do the job. They worked wonderfully, and didn't sting my irritated skin a bit. They are a whole lot cheaper than the adhesive remover we use at the hospital too.
- May 9, '04 by z's playaI use any moisturizer but not on an open wound. That or baby oil. Then RUB!!!
- May 10, '04 by LonghornSaraIsopropyl Alcohol (either the 70% or 91% it doesn't matter) works wonders for cleaning the skin, whether it is tape residue or pen ink.
- May 10, '04 by nurse2btracyHi!
I had gastric bypass a little over 2 years ago and used nail polish remover to get the adhesive off. I didn't have any reaction to it although is smelled a little.
- May 10, '04 by amber74Thanks for all the suggestions!
- May 10, '04 by purplemaniaGoo Gone, as used for hand cleaning in mechanical shops. Just don't get too close to the wound