Has anyone received their license after submitting declaratory for bipolar?Register Today!
- by kmdjkennedy Jun 19, '10I checked yes on the RN application about whether I have been diagnosed with bipolar within the last 5 years. I am so worried now. What if I can't become an RN now after going through all that schooling?
- Jun 19, '10 by CNL2BHoly crap. What state are you in? You seriously had to reveal that kind of information?
- Jun 19, '10 by kmdjkennedyColorado and yes, it's a crappy question!
- Jun 19, '10 by TipitiwichitRNWow... I dont think I agree with that question being asked.
I dont know if I would have divulged that information to them. I guess they can find out anyway though... ?
Did you sign a medical release ?
- Jun 20, '10 by kmdjkennedyNo medical release signed but if they find out later, they would pull my license for sure! Will I even get it in the first place though?!?!
- Jun 20, '10 by dthfytrTexas asks the same about a number of Psych diagnosis when you apply and when you renew. They stopped asking about depression, thankfully. Checking yes isn't an automatic disqualification as I understand it. What really sucks is that these license files are public records! Don't know if they are in CO or not.
- Jun 20, '10 by LfmVigiloA bipolar and pedophilia diagnosis are asked for Ohio's BON.
- Jun 20, '10 by CrufflerJJQuote from LfmVigiloIn nursing school, an Ohio BON member came to our class & gave a lecture on the Ohio BON. When asked WHY the state requires disclosure of a bipolar diagnosis (& maybe other psych issues - I can't remember), she started a BS song & dance routine about it all being for patient safety, and also said that the board was concerned about the threat of a bipolar nurse stealing medicine from pts, blahblahblah. I guess we should also be concerned that those scum nurses with hypertension or diabetes might also steal meds from their patients. Idjits!A bipolar and pedophilia diagnosis are asked for Ohio's BON.