FaceRecruiters...New Innovative Way to Find a JobRegister Today!
- by RNewbie Nov 19, '11So I found a healthcare job search website. It sounds interesting. You create a profile, which includes a pic, a video, and your resume for potential employers. In the video you pretty much sell yourself to the employer and tell them why they should hire you. I think they only have contracts with facilities in Southern CA.
There are definitely pros and cons to this approach, but I think this is a very interesting concept. Have any of you heard of this company? What do you think about this new approach to job hunting?
- 2,098 Views
- Nov 19, '11 by nursel56Hmmm somehow I don't I think even a boob job wouldn't help my chances.. . .lol.
- Nov 19, '11 by workingharderSounds like video dating.
The concept conjures a mental picture of Barbie and Ken applying for a job...
"My turn ons include: puppies, sunshine, tweeting, and unlocked narcotics lockers."
"My turn offs include: scrubs, MRSA, mean managers, and touching sick people."
- Nov 19, '11 by tyvinI'm surprised it took this long for something like this to eventually come to online job hunting. It's not just for nursing, it's for an entire plethora of jobs and opportunities. I like it. It's not looks that most employers are looking for, it's confidence and you can't hide that in a video. I think this type of online job search will become common in the near future.
- Nov 19, '11 by nursel56I suppose so, but it circumvents the intention of the EEOC. We all know employers discriminate, but I still believe they should at least go through the motions of the process beforehand.
Being from Southern California, I'm going to go way out on a limb and say that while I'm sure finding confident people is part of the deal, it's secondary to a resemblance to Barbie or Ken.
Tothepointe LVN I love that outfit! I always wanted a nurse cape!