Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly; Christmas Traditions in Your Workplace - Page 4Register Today!
- Dec 7, '12 by brilloheadQuote from tnbutterflyLove that sweater, Brillohead. Truly ugly!!!Quote from Jean Marie46514Sadly/fortunately, it's not mine... I stole the pic from a Facebook friend who stole the pic from a friend... you get the idea.i think we have a winner!! Brillohead, step on down here, to claim your prize!!
tnButterfly, tell her what she won.
Can't you just see the stepdad in The Santa Clause movie wearing an ugly sweater with an ugly Christmas sweater on it? LOL
- Dec 16, '12 by tnbutterflyBumping this us to see if anyone has pictures of Christmas decorations at their workplace or other Christmas happenings you would care to share.
- Dec 4 by fetchI will definitely be wearing my Ugly Sweaters in to work on the last week of school before Christmas! And when we go to visit my wife's family, we have ugly sweater decorating time, to make the ones we found even WORSE. The first time we all wore them to church, so many little old ladies complimented my wife and her sister on their "adorable" sweaters.
My school is also having faculty/staff "Elf" each other, instead of Secret Santa. Once you get "Elf'ed," you put together a little treat bag and give it to another person who hasn't been Elf'ed yet (there's a master list in the lounge to cross people off). Little things - I got a candle and candy, the secretary got a plastic tiara and candy, etc.
- Dec 4 by KunzieoWe were told that we (as a unit) will not be celebrating any or even every holiday- we are only allowed to celebrate "the winter season." So there will be lots of snowflakes, maybe some snowmen, but that's about it. No tree, no lights, no menorahs or dreidels, no candles or carols. Our HUC, who has worked there for 16 years has a little Dancing Rudolph figure that she puts out EVERY year at her desk. You push a button on the base, Rudolph sways, wiggles his tail and "sings." She was told by management that she absolutely cannot bring out her Rudolph this year, because Rudolph points toward the Christmas holiday, and we are NOT to be celebrating any holiday at all, because it's too difficult to make everyone feel included. The HUC is so mad about this, and about 1/2 the staff feel the same way... But what can you do?
- Dec 5 by meanmaryjeanI work at a Catholic hospital - so yes, we celebrate Christmas- heavily. There is a spectacular 25 foot tree in the main entry, and several manger scenes (lovely, detailed ones) in various parts of the hospital. Baby Jesus is missing- He arrives secretly after midnight on Christmas Eve, lovingly placed there by the nuns.
I work over in the children's hospital - so it is CRAZY decorated /celebrated over there. Santa visits- so do lots of celebrities (including, sometimes our hospital namesake - 6'5", laser-rocket arm...you may know who he is!)
Our census is usually WAY down, except for the oncology kids, so we go all out making the day wonderful for them.
- Dec 5 by tnbutterflymeanmaryjean......thanks for sharing. Your decorations and celebrations sound wonderful!!
I would love to see pictures!