Nursing Salary Hall of Shame

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Lets look at this salary situation another way, by taking a poll of who is working for the least amount of money, or has been offered the least in recent history. For example, in January, 2003, as an RN,BSN, I was offered $15.35 per hour base at a "large local facility."

Who can beat that for a sucky offer?

:angryfire

good grief! i am just plain disgusted with even the notion that employers are offering, not to mention, are paying professional rns that kind of crap. by the way, the offer came from florida also. :uhoh3:

Specializes in ER;med/surg.

We're moving to Florida in June so I was looking at job postings. Here was one that got me, (paraphrasing) "We are a hospital that cares for our employees...RN, Florida license, BLS, 2+years experience and PALS and ACLS required, $13.00 an hour". I almost fell on the floor, I made my husband come look at it to be sure I hadn't made a mistake. I make more than that now as a first year LPN in a rural area. Marked that hospital off the list of potentials...lol:rotfl:

"We are a hospital that cares for our employees...RN, Florida license, BLS, 2+years experience and PALS and ACLS required, $13.00 an hour".

Hmph. I think the kids at *In 'n' Out* make more than that....No, really...I'm serious.

Pitiful. Shameful. Abhorrent. :rolleyes:

So let me get this straight...A person who spends all their days taking care of people and helping them to *live* gets paid as much as a part-time, burger-flipping, attitude-ridden kid who probably only has their job so they can buy the latest video games?!

Does anyone else see something wrong with this picture?.... :uhoh21:

"We are a hospital that cares for our employees...RN, Florida license, BLS, 2+years experience and PALS and ACLS required, $13.00 an hour".

Hmph. I think the kids at *In 'n' Out* make more than that....No, really...I'm serious.

Pitiful. Shameful. Abhorrent. :rolleyes:

So let me get this straight...A person who spends all their days taking care of people and helping them to *live* gets paid as much as a part-time, burger-flipping, attitude-ridden kid who probably only has their job so they can buy the latest video games?!

Does anyone else see something wrong with this picture?.... :uhoh21:

We live in one SICK A$$ society. :stone

We live in one SICK A$$ society. :stone

Specializes in Emergency Dept, M/S.

I'm just a student right now, but how discouraging is that???? When you can get more as a HS dropout working at a fast-food restaurant or a supermarket, it is a sad state of affairs. That facility should be ashamed of treating their professionals like that.

Specializes in Emergency Dept, M/S.

I'm just a student right now, but how discouraging is that???? When you can get more as a HS dropout working at a fast-food restaurant or a supermarket, it is a sad state of affairs. That facility should be ashamed of treating their professionals like that.

:rolleyes: When I first interviewed down there they told me that they paid in sunshine....Well hey...that don't pay the bills..... :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: When I first interviewed down there they told me that they paid in sunshine....Well hey...that don't pay the bills..... :rolleyes:

I belong in the nursing salary hall of shame for sure!

I'm an RN, with 15 years experience, working in, SURPRISE, Florida.

I work 7-3 and last years W2 showed that I made a whopping $28,400 for the entire year of 2003. I work FT, 5d/w.

If I did not LOVE my job, I'd be gone. I make less now than I did as a first year RN, less than I have ever made. Before I took this job, I made $58,000/yr. In the same city. I'll be getting a new job soon b/c after 3 years of this salary, I'm broke.

Do I win????

+ Add a Comment