report sheet

Nurses New Nurse

Updated:   Published

Hi all, I recently graduated and passed the NCLEX, so I am officially an RN!

:nurse: I am a very organized person and I know that we will all of our own little ways of planning our day, but I was wondering if anyone can share a format they use for their daily patient assignments. It would really help me. Thanks so much!

1 Votes
Specializes in med/surg, telemetry, IV therapy, mgmt.

Here you go, from one former Ohioan to a current one. Feel free to copy and use it to your heart's content. Hope you find it helpful.

Report Sheet.doc

1 Votes

Pm me and I will send you what I use.

1 Votes

We have nursing report sheets that print out for us!!!.... nice to not get writer's cramp right off the bat !!!

1 Votes
Specializes in Neuro ICU, Neuro/Trauma stepdown.

i print this and then copy it two sided on the copier at work

Report sheet.doc

1 Votes
Specializes in Ortho/Neuro.

Here is what I use, use it if you like!

Shift Report Sheet.doc

1 Votes

how many patients do you get at once? this sheet is very detailed but i would have 6-10 of them/ shift....my pockets are already full of flushes and alcohol wipes, 4x4's and pens!

1 Votes
Specializes in Ortho/Neuro.
tinabrat1 said:
how many patients do you get at once? this sheet is very detailed but I would have 6-10 of them/ shift....my pockets are already full of flushes and alcohol wipes, 4x4's and pens!

We get between 6-7 at once, but we routinely go though 9-10 per day. I keep them on a clipboard flagged with their room number with a sheet on top that says what times they get medications.

1 Votes

ok... i tried the clipboard thing in school...i was forever putting it down and then wasting valuable minutes looking for it! so, im trying out different 2 sided sheets that have several patients on each side. I still havent found the perfect one...i will make my own eventually. thanks for sharing

1 Votes
Specializes in Cardiac/Med Surg.

i use this sheet that i made up, but we also have a kardex that everyone updates daily...still new at this..my hardest part is giving report to the oncoming shift...

nursing report sheet.doc

1 Votes

I carry around a big fat packet all night. The little "brain-sheets" just don't do it for me. At the beginning of our shift we get the kardex and also a bridge worksheet that has all the scheduled meds and prns on it.

I worked all night and can already tell this is going to be long and insane-sounding.

Anyway, I cut the corner off the kardex and color in the corner of the worksheet with a highlighter and write all the times that that patient has meds on the yellow corner. Then I write the patient name and room number along the margin. Then all my patients are stapled together so all the margins and corners are visible, sort of staggered. On the bottom of each front sheet I write #1 and #2 and put both sets of vitals as they happen. I also write a little checklist for myself on the other margin so I know I've charted everything. A (assessment), K (kardex), CP (careplan), CAS (care area statement), SS (shift summary), CC (chart check), W (weight), I&0, and IV (total amounts infused). It feels really good to scribble everything out when it's done. It works for me!

1 Votes
+ Add a Comment